New Year's In Bayport

Started by tomswift2002, January 02, 2018, 01:08:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomswift2002

With finishing The Mystery of Cabin Island (1929), and discovering that the book ends during the afternoon of New Year's Eve, I was trying to think of any other Hardy Boys book that takes place on or around New Year's.   I know that there are a number of books where the story takes place in December, either prior to Christmas or going over Christmas, and ending just after.

I know that there is New Year's Evil from the Nancy Drew And Hardy Boys SuperMystery'88 series, which seems to take place from December 28 to January 1.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

The Hardy Boys Casefiles #119 The Emperor's Shield takes place over New Year's Eve and New Year's Day, as far as I can tell. (New Year's activities get a mention in the first chapter, I believe.)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

CalvinKnox

I think I remember a New Year party, likely from 119, since I have that book and must have read it in the past.