Hardy Boys go Mobile

Started by SkyWarp, July 28, 2008, 08:34:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyWarp

I am still looking for more information, but it appears that the Hardy Boys graphic novels are now available via one's mobile phone. 

This site is the distributor: http://www.gocomics.com/comicbooks

I am personally not into the whole mobile phone craze, but there is obviously a market out there for it.  I use my phone for talking when needed and everything else can be done on my computer.  But maybe that is just me getting old.  :) 

Anyway, I am still trying to get information from someone at Papercutz as well, so hopefully we will get some information soon. 

Olivia

I don't even know how people can do the whole checking the e-mail thing and replying unless they have one of those advanced phones with bigger screens and more buttons for letters :-\

For shorter messages, I guess, but wouldn't it be annoying to scroll down that many times?

NZone

I believe that Amazon has several HB books available for the Kindle, but not graphic novels for obvious reasons.
Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.

SDLagent

I saw these mobile Graphic Novels a few months ago. I wonder if SkyWarp will get anymore info on them.

SDLagent

Does anyone now if you view the comics one frame at a time with these, or do you see a whole page at once? One frame at a time would be slow but I'd kind of like it, cause I hate it when I glance over and see what happens on the next page before I can read it.  ::)

tomswift2002

I would think that it would be one frame at a time, otherwise, how would you be able to read the text of two pages on a 2 to 5 inch screen. 
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

SDLagent

I wonder how that works with full page spreads.

003Robin457

I was playing around on iTunes and found the first 3 GNs divided into 2 issues each and sold as apps. I don't have an iphone/iPod touch though so I geuss I can't get them.

003Robin457