20 Years Since The End Of The Files-Casefiles Universe

Started by tomswift2002, September 04, 2018, 09:18:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomswift2002

I was just realizing, but its been 20 years since the last new book in the Files-Casefiles universe was published, which was the Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys SuperMystery: Process Of Elimination in April 1998. 

Hard to believe, by 2023 all the Casefiles and SuperMystery'88 books will be Classics (anything over 25 years is considered a Classic).

Here's to the best spin-off universe that the Hardy Boys, Nancy Drew and Tom Swift all contributed too!
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

Nothing can touch the real classics, of course- and by that I mean the original Hardy Boys series. (And yes, I know fans debate on which ones they consider to be classics- just the original text books, the revised books up through 58, the revised books 1-190, etc.) (I love all of the original books 1-190 and I generally prefer the revised books I grew up reading. But I've read some original text ones too and they're good too.)
      But outside of that- The Hardy Boys Casefiles will always be one of my top favourite series! I love reading those books as well as the Supermysteries and Ultra Thrillers (though I never got into reading Tom Swift or Nancy Drew too much.)
        20 years since the end of the series! That means it's been 30 years since the start! (Well, 32 technically, I guess- the Nancy Drew Files started in 1986, with The Hardy Boys Casefiles in 1988)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

The debuts of the Files-Casefiles Universe were:

August 1986 - Nancy Drew Files
April 1987 - Hardy Boys Casefiles
June 1988 - A Nancy Drew & Hardy Boys SuperMystery'88
September 1989 - River Heights (both Nancy Drew Files #39 The Suspect Next Door, which was the pilot book for the series, and the actual #1 book, Love Times Three
April 1991 - Tom Swift

(I'm not including Nancy Drew On Campus, since, from what I know, it takes place after Process Of Elimination, and since I haven't read any of the books, I don't know if there are any links back to the Nancy Drew Files or the Mystery Stories, but if it does fit into the Files-Casefiles universe, then it started in September 1995 and would be the last "New" Files-Casefiles series.)

With the Hardy Boys Mystery Stories you also have to remember that up to #83 The Swamp Monster were produced by the Stratemeyer Syndicate, with Simon & Schuster only taking over in terms of final edits to #'s 80-83, before taking complete control with #84 Revenge Of The Desert Phantom.
August 1992 - A Hardy Boys & Tom Swift Ultra Thriller
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca