QUOTES

Started by Kerin, July 05, 2007, 10:09:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kerin

Quote:Meanwhile,Biff had untied Chet.The heavyset teen had slumped to the ground in a dead faint.Out cold,Frank said.He opened his canteena and sprinkled some water on Chet's forehead.Chet opened his eyes and blinked,I'm alive! he exclaimed.Thanks,guys.He stumbled to his feet and took a deep breath.How'd you get into a mess like this?Biff asked.Chet stomped up and down to get circulation flowing in his legs.I saw a pair of suspious individuals with ahts puled low over their heads slinking along through the wilderness,he began dramaticlly.Joe rolled his eyes.Oh,boy.Here we go guys.As chet went on he sounded like a combination of the Mighty Hunter and the Great Detective.Anyway;after trailing theses charcters for sometime,somehow thet relised I was on their trail....He probably tripped over himself,Joe wispered.Then they attacked me using some trick.So,they spotted you and grabbed you,is that what you're trying to say?Biff asked.Chet nodded.It's to bad I did't see them double back and creep up behind me.-the money hunt.

Quote:Joe answering the phone.Hardy summer home,Joe spoke in to the receiver.Some are home and some aren't-collision course.

Quote:Their route from the Morton farnled back through Bayport.On the way,Joe suggested stopping at the library to see if they could find a book dealing with werewolves.What do you want that for?Chet asked curiously.That's why we're going to the Adirondack .To hunt down a werewolf!Joe explained.A werewolf!Chet exclaimed,bug-eyed.Are you serious?Sure,it's a new case we're on,said Joe.Didn't we mention that?No,you didn't!If I'd known you were going tangling with some bloodthirdty wolfman nut,I'd have thought twice about coming!What's to be scarred of?Frank teased.If you run into him,the worst he could do is sink is fangs into your throat.very funny,Chet said sourly.Har-de-har-har with the Hardy boys.That's the spirit.Frank chuckled.If the werewolf gets you,at least you'll die laughing!-night of the werewolf.
If Christ had been a philosopher, they could have debated Him.Had He been a religionist, they could have ignored Him.But Christ was love.What do you do with that?

Sam Spade

What series is The Money Hunt from ???

Also, congratulations on your 100th post kerin!!! :) :) :)
I have only made 101 posts so far.
Check out my Youtube Channel: :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/SageDuvall

tomswift2002

The Money Hunt is #101 in the Digest series, the same series as Night of the Werewolf (NOTW is #59 in the Digest series, or the very first Digest).  Unfortunately,  both books have been out of print for about 10 years now in their paperback forms.  But Night of the Werewolf was reissued in 2005 by Grosset & Dunlap as part of the classic hardcover series.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Sam Spade

Thanks tomswift2002!!! :)
Here are some more qoutes...

"Hi, Frank," He*(Joe)*called. "Any problem?"
Frank shook his head. "Nothing we can't handle," He said.
"Get that crate out of my way, or I'll move it for you!" Gus*(French)*yelled.
Frank looked over at Joe and said. "Not very original. I heard better back in fourth grade. Didn't you?"
Joe studied Gus's reddening face for a moment. "Uh-huh," He said. "In a minute he'll probably start calling us names. Then when that doesn't work, he'll probably stamp his foot down and tell us we'll be sorry."
"Okay, that's it!" Gus sputtered. "This time you are going to be sorry!"
Frank gave a satisfied nod. "You called it Joe." He said. "Come on, let's go, before we fall asleep from boredom." --The Mark Of The Blue Tattoo

This is from a 'Frank chapter' in Hurricane Joe.
I ran inside to use the bathroom while Joe grabbed a hacksaw from the garage. Then we headed to my room, tossed our backpacks on the bed and getting down to business.
"I'll check the news." I pulled the emergency radio out of my backpack and gave it a few cranks.
"I'll catch a few Z's." Joe said.
By Z's he meant sawing at his handcuff.
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
He stopped and rolled his eyes. Moveing to the window he plopped down on the sill and started sawing again.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewert."

Kerin

Quote from: Sam Spade on September 09, 2007, 08:51:45 PM
Thanks tomswift2002!!! :)
Here are some more qoutes...

"Hi, Frank," He*(Joe)*called. "Any problem?"
Frank shook his head. "Nothing we can't handle," He said.
"Get that crate out of my way, or I'll move it for you!" Gus*(French)*yelled.
Frank looked over at Joe and said. "Not very original. I heard better back in fourth grade. Didn't you?"
Joe studied Gus's reddening face for a moment. "Uh-huh," He said. "In a minute he'll probably start calling us names. Then when that doesn't work, he'll probably stamp his foot down and tell us we'll be sorry."
"Okay, that's it!" Gus sputtered. "This time you are going to be sorry!"
Frank gave a satisfied nod. "You called it Joe." He said. "Come on, let's go, before we fall asleep from boredom." --The Mark Of The Blue Tattoo

This is from a 'Frank chapter' in Hurricane Joe.
I ran inside to use the bathroom while Joe grabbed a hacksaw from the garage. Then we headed to my room, tossed our backpacks on the bed and getting down to business.
"I'll check the news." I pulled the emergency radio out of my backpack and gave it a few cranks.
"I'll catch a few Z's." Joe said.
By Z's he meant sawing at his handcuff.
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mes up my bedspread."
He stopped and rolled his eyes. Moveing to the window he plopped bown on the sill and started sawing again.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewert."

Those are really great.I really liked the one from Hurricane Joe. :)
If Christ had been a philosopher, they could have debated Him.Had He been a religionist, they could have ignored Him.But Christ was love.What do you do with that?

Sam Spade

Glad you like them kerin!

Sam Spade

This is another qoute from a 'Frank Chapter' from Hurriane Joe.

The next morning I was woken up by something really annoying. No, not Playback. It was my cell phone, ringing so loudly that I bolted out of bed and flipped on my phone.
"Hello?"
"Are you awake?"
"Now I am. Who is this?"
"It's Chet."
"What do you want, Chet?" I asked groggily.
"I'm heading down to the police station to tell them about finding my Zbox at Velma's Pawn shop. I just wondered if you and Joe wanted to come along."
I couldn't tell Chet that my brother and I were already working on the case. So I said, "Sure. We'll join you. Where? When?"
"I'm standing in your yard right now."
I walked to the window and peeked outside.
Chet stood below me, staring up and waving wildly.
"Sometimes you scare me, Chet."

tomswift2002

Quote from: Sam Spade on September 10, 2007, 03:36:38 PM
This is another qoute from a 'Frank Chapter' from Hurriane Joe.

The next morning I was woken up by something really annoying. No, not Playback. It was my cell phone, ringing so loudly that I bolted out of bed and flipped on my phone.
"Hello?"
"Are you awake?"
"Now I am. Who is this?"
"It's Chet."
"What do you want, Chet?" I asked groggily.
"I'm heading down to the police station to tell them about finding my Zbox at Velma's Pawn shop. I just wondered if you and Joe wanted to come along."
I couldn't tell Chet that my brother and I were already working on the case. So I said, "Sure. We'll join you. Where? When?"
"I'm standing in your yard right now."
I walked to the window and peeked outside.
Chet stood below me, staring up and waving wildly.
"Sometimes you scare me, Chet."

Ha, ha.  I've done that to some people.  I'll call them on my cell phone for something and ask them if they'd like to meet me, and then I'll mention that I'm standing right at their front door, or somewhere around their property.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Kerin

Quote:Frank talking to Joe.Once you get an idea stuck in your head not even heavey explosives can jar it loose.Hold on while I get my gear.If your going to get killed I don't want to be left alive to explain to mom and dad-open season.

White Eagle

Frank gave his brother a sharp nudge. "Don't do anything stupid as usual," he whispered.? ?
A man with wings can do anything, but a man with a rocket can do Everything!

SkyWarp

"Call them terrorists -- Because that's what they are," said Joe. 
Hardy Boys Casefile #5, Edge of Destruction (page 28)

White Eagle

"For the last time, where were you headed?" "To Oz," Joe replied, "or did you not see the Yellow Brick Road?" (Operation: Titanic)
A man with wings can do anything, but a man with a rocket can do Everything!

Kerin

I can't remember which book this quote is from,but I think its from one of the UBs.

Joe:Mama Earth and Papa Son?Gag me with a tofu patty.

Olivia

Quote from: peace&love on January 09, 2008, 12:58:13 AM
I can't remember which book this quote is from,but I think its from one of the UBs.

Joe:Mama Earth and Papa Son?Gag me with a tofu patty.

Haha! I wonder which one it's from too!

Kerin

Quote from: oliviatocali on January 09, 2008, 05:39:51 PM
Haha! I wonder which one it's from too!

I looked it up,its from ''Running on Fumes''.