The boys in pop culture

Started by SDLagent, December 07, 2009, 11:15:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

Those were random pictures I found on Flickr- you could probably try to contact the members who posted the photos to inquire about buying their products- I'm pretty sure some of them advertised their artisan businesses...
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

MacGyver

Pretty cool drawing of Wanda Kay from The Hardy Boys cartoon. :)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

hottie

Never seen the cartoon, is Wanda a character just for the cartoon as she doesn't appear in any of my 100 odd books?

Anyway. I know South Park take the mickey out of the boys in an episode and I think The Simpsons mentions them at some point.

MacGyver

Wanda Kay was created specifically for The Hardy Boys cartoon and does not show up in any of the books. And hey- welcome to the forums, hottie! :)

SDLagent

That's pretty cool. It's interesting there's fan art for such an unknown character.

MacGyver

yeah- and posted as recently as the start of this month.

MacGyver

A fairly minor mention, but I feel pretty certain The Hardy Boys were the inspiration for this series of books from Todd Strasser- The Tardy Boys ;D

MacGyver

Not sure if this should go here or not, but it seemed close enough. I ran across a link to a page that has tons of the original artwork for many of The Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew and The Bobbsey Twins and Tom Swift and probably some others' books- mainly the Digests and Casefiles/Files books.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/synsine-press/
And there's this one too
And a few for sale here
:) 8)

tomswift2002

Those are sites that are owned by Paul Mular and his wife.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

Cool- I know Paul Mular has done some extensive research on The Hardy Boys, as evidenced in his Hardy & Hardy Investigations books. Do you know if he and his wife participate on the forums here?

tomswift2002

I know that they are aware of the site, but I don't think so.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

okay- just curious. I've seen some of his posts on another Hardy Boys mailing list/message board I'm on (or have been on anyway- it's honestly been quite a while since I've used it)- Anyway, he's always had a lot of useful information on The Hardy Boys. :)

Bigfootman

In the Scooby Doo movie "Scooby-Doo! Abracadabra-Doo", two boys who look like Frank and Joe from the 1969 cartoon appear. I think a boy who looks like Pete from the cartoon also appears, but I don't remember it that well.

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

MacGyver

Wow- that's pretty cool. I saw that one a while back when it first released- I'll have to borrow it again and check it out for that Hardy Boys cameo. :)

MacGyver

Nancy Drew vs. The Hardy Boys - while I could point out factors easily giving The Hardy Boys an edge in popularity, etc.- I actually like both The Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew just fine. (Though being a male, I do read The Hardy Boys more so than Nancy Drew- but yeah, I've read some Nancy Drew too and I like those as well.)
I'm mainly just glad to see that both The Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew books still have popularity with kids today.