The Hardy Boys Undercover Brothers: The New Case Files

Started by tomswift2002, February 18, 2010, 06:57:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hardygirl847

OK as long as she's only in there for a little while...I will allow it. LOL :)

I don't hate Nancy or anything...and I really don't know why I don't like her. I always thought Carolyn Keene was a different person who wrote this female competitor of the Hardys. In actuality, Carolyn Keene is a pen name for many writers and even was started with the Hardys! I did not do my homework 14 years ago when I fell in love with the Hardys. However, since then...I still have had a dislike of her taking time away from my boys or flirting with Frank.

Irrational? Yes. :)
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

SDLagent

Personally, I've been wanting to see a Nancy Drew/The Hardy Boys graphic novel crossover for a long time.

MacGyver

QuoteHowever, since then...I still have had a dislike of her taking time away from my boys or flirting with Frank.
For this part, I generally don't think of Nancy Drew and Frank Hardy really ever being together or anything. I know they messed around with the romantic possibilities in the '70s show and in the Supermysteries, but even within the Supermysteries both affirmed their loves for their significant others. Nancy loves Ned and Frank loves Callie. That's the canon standard as far as I'm concerned and I doubt that would ever really change. (Though I know Nancy broke it off with Ned in the "Nancy Drew on Campus" series. But it's still the status quo for the Originals and Digests and I assume it's still true in the Girl Detective and Undercover Brothers series.)
    But at the same time, I don't mind the Nancy/Frank thing either- it's fun on the show, but I don't think they make a huge deal of it necessarily. In any case, it's fun watching the Nancy/Frank videos I've seen on Youtube- particularly the ones set to the music of Relient K! (Awesome- one of my favorite Christian rock bands! :D I'll post the links later maybe- but I love the video set to "Must Have Done Something Right" by RK and there's another one set to "Can't Fight This Feeling" by REO Speedwagon- that's just perfect!)
         And as to the pseudonymsn, Carolyn Keene, Franklin W. Dixon and Victor Appleton are all pseduonyms used by Edward Stratemeyer for his various series. The Hardy Boys, Nancy Drew and Tom Swift are all his creations- so it's nice to see them all intermingle from time to time. Of course, he also started a number of other series- and maybe we'll see some of them show up in that "Deadly Strategy" issue that looks to be so hugely awesomely cool and all. 8)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

hardygirl847

No they don't really get into too much. And strangely I liked Pamela Sue Martin and Parker together. I thought it was cute. WHY? I don't know. It confuses me too. Though, I will admit that I didn't watch the Nancy only episodes. Hmm! Maybe it doesn't bother me as much because I know they never actually get together....? Oh well...who cares.

I guess my dislike stems from a lot of things but is certainly fueled by fan fiction. I read too much of it! lol There is a large group of Nancy/Frank people and they take it to the maximum where the canons never did. So perhaps my complaint lies with them and not the original authors. :)

I am loyal to a fault and therefore want Frank and Joe to have all the attention on them. I suppose I don't really mind Tom Swift or Nancy time to time but no one should take away the spotlight too long on my beloved Hardys.

Silly, I know. :)
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

MacGyver

This is interesting. I typically read fan fiction for TV shows or possibly movies and other media that have a dearth of stories left for me to uncover- or for where there are some really cool crossover possibilities or sometimes where it's just a really cool concept to do with the show. I haven't read much in the way of fanfiction for The Hardy Boys- I guess because I haven't really taken the time to track it down- and there's such a preponderance of actual stories from the official series that I am busy enough just reading those.
(But fanfiction is great for super short-lived TV shows like Automan, Manimal, Street Hawk, etc. and some of my other favorites from various time periods. It's always fun reading cool Quantum Leap crossovers with other shows because the means for doing so in already so readily available within the QL universe. :))

"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

SDLagent

Quote from: MacGyver on April 05, 2010, 11:37:38 PM
This is interesting. I typically read fan fiction for TV shows or possibly movies and other media that have a dearth of stories left for me to uncover- or for where there are some really cool crossover possibilities or sometimes where it's just a really cool concept to do with the show. I haven't read much in the way of fanfiction for The Hardy Boys- I guess because I haven't really taken the time to track it down- and there's such a preponderance of actual stories from the official series that I am busy enough just reading those.

This is pretty much how I feel about Hardy Boys fan fiction. I've enjoyed the few I've read, though.

mystrygirl87

Quote from: MacGyver on March 31, 2010, 01:04:47 PM
I'd love to see them meet up in the pages of the graphic novels (especially since it would be unprecedented.) 8)
I don't know if it would be an ongoing appearance- I don't think that would probably happen- but I would like to see a crossover with Nancy Drew at some point. That would be great.

These new stories definitely have me intrigued! I like how they are doing the parallel story arcs, but question the feasibility of an actual crossover. Would the artists for the respective series work together on that volume? I'm not sure how well their styles would mesh.

SDLagent

Quote from: mystrygirl87 on May 15, 2010, 04:01:15 PM
These new stories definitely have me intrigued! I like how they are doing the parallel story arcs, but question the feasibility of an actual crossover. Would the artists for the respective series work together on that volume? I'm not sure how well their styles would mesh.

I wonder, too. We'll just have to wait and see, I guess...

SDLagent

icv2.com reports that the books in these new series will have a larger page format than the current ones. 6" x 9" compared to 5" x 7". That explains the reduced page count...

SDLagent

Quote from: Papercutz.comIn an all-new harder edged series and new format featuring legendary writer Gerry Conway! Frank and Joe go undercover as the Living Dead to infiltrate a ?Zombie Crawl? that has acquired a notorious reputation for potentially deadly accidents. Will the Undercover Brothers and Agents of A.T.A.C. become the next victims? As if this weren't enough ? there's something dark and sinister happening while everyone's distracted by zombie madness! Could this be linked to the eerie events also occurring in River Heights, home of Nancy Drew?

NancyDrew

hardygirl847

SDLagent

Yeah, I ordered mine, along with Break-Up, a few weeks ago.

hardygirl847

Borders.com has a special right now...Buy 1, get the second half off. I was going through their list for HBs...and The Zombie one says BACKORDERED!! I hope that doesn't mean I won't my book for 4-8 wks! But on the other hand, YAY for high demand. Although, they also could have been low on supply...

Either way, I am going to try and avoid spoilers. Anyone get their copy yet?

hardygirl847

Sorry for the double post....

Has anyone actually received their copy? I ordered mine on Sunday but found out it is on backorder. I went to Amazon.com to see if they were in stock or not...and it says it's not being released until Oct. 26!!

Enjoy a little sneak peek while we wait...http://www.amazon.com/Hardy-Boys-New-Case-Files/dp/1597072192/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1287004975&sr=8-1-spell

Looks like ATAC still exists.