March 25-31, 2012 TV Show Club- The Hardy Boys ('90s)- "No Dice"

Started by MacGyver, March 27, 2012, 10:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

Post your thoughts, comments and reviews of The Hardy Boys (1990s) episode, "No Dice" here.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

MacGyver

I will just briefly say a few things here. First, this is the last episode of the series. Second, Frank and Joe again work together with Nancy Drew in this episode. Third, they are still all together in France, following the events of the last episode. And fourth, I think this may be one of my favorite episodes of the series. I liked the mysterious die that Nancy finds and the mystery that unravels from it. As Olivia noted in a previous thread, the series was really starting to hit its stride here and balance the dialogue and plot with the short time allotted better.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

I think the reason why the last two episodes of each series were set in France is that the series was an international co-production, so the production companies probably arranged it so that the majority of both series were shot here in Canada, but then in order to get probably some tax credits from France, they had to shoot a number of episodes over there.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

That very well may be. At least it got Frank and Joe out of the USA and to another country in this series, as that has been traditional in most all the books and other TV series, etc.