Season 3 -Get Excited

Started by hardygirl847, January 11, 2011, 04:12:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: MacGyver on February 10, 2011, 04:58:27 PM
I'm not sure exactly- it's a dude who is offering them on DVD for about $35 apiece. You can contact him through the website I posted earlier. I'm not necessarily endorsing this- I just wanted to put the info out there for anyone who might be interested.

Right. :-\

SDLagent

You might get in trouble for posting them on the web but not if you just download them.

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: SDLagent on February 10, 2011, 07:43:53 PM
You might get in trouble for posting them on the web but not if you just download them.

:) Have you watched them yet?

SDLagent

No, I haven't. I started downloading one right away but than my computer crashed. I started downloading one today, though.

MacGyver

Depending on how fast your connection speed is- the best method usually seems to be to get one or two going, close all other running programs, and then let it run overnight, so it will seem instantaneous when you wake up. ;)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

hardygirl847

I don't think watching them will get your in trouble. They come from someone (actually a HER....oops) on a different forum. I have watched them and they seem to work just fine. Go ahead and enjoy!

I don't find that they take as long as Mac mentioned but I guess it could depending on your service. I was fortunate enough that it didn't take me long. :)
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

SDLagent

I download the first two. You can also watch them on KMPlayer (a media player I highly recommend, by the way) and Opera. So you might be able to simply watch them on other web browsers, too.

hardygirl847

Good to know Spencer. :) THanks!
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

SDLagent

For some reason I can't get the first episode to work in any player but the second and third work in the players I mentioned.

tomswift2002

Quote from: MacGyver on February 09, 2011, 08:50:24 AM
But for these 2 pilots, I don't know who would even own the rights for those- I think ABC aired the Tom Swift/Linda Craig pilot, so I guess that would be Disney as well. But I'm thinking the Chinese Junk pilot aired on NBC, so that would probably make it Universal's copyright. And if that were the case, it would be a great extra for them to release on a 3rd. Season DVD of The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries :)

Well, neither of your guesses about who owns the pilots are correct, since while ABC did air the Tom Swift/Linda Craig Mystery Hour pilot, it was actually produced by Paramount Television, and due to the 2006 Viacom split (as far as I know), is held by CBS who acquired the majority of the Paramount Television properties (including the Star Trek TV series and the major-portion of the copyright). 

And the same goes for The Mystery of The Chinese Junk that aired on NBC in 1960, but it was produced by 20th Century Fox Television (20th Century Fox also held the Tom Swift rights for a movie in the mid-sixties that was ultimately cancelled). 

But for both pilots, it might be an idea to ask CBS and FOX to maybe make them available through some MOD program, such as Amazon's (I don't think CBS or Fox has their own MOD programs, but I could be wrong), or even available for people to download on iTunes or the Playstation store (and not just for rent, but to actually own).
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

I would be interested in buying both through a MOD program if CBS and FOX were willing to do so. Thanks for the clarification on the copyright ownerships- those things are tricky to track sometimes.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

hardygirl847

Quote from: SDLagent on February 14, 2011, 06:06:59 PM
For some reason I can't get the first episode to work in any player but the second and third work in the players I mentioned.

Oh hmm... I have seen LKOS on Youtube so I didn't download it to watch it again via that site. I'm not sure why that is....Hmm... ;(

MacGyver

All of them worked fine for me.

SDLagent

Quote from: hardygirl847 on February 16, 2011, 02:18:58 PM
Oh hmm... I have seen LKOS on Youtube so I didn't download it to watch it again via that site. I'm not sure why that is....Hmm... ;(

Yeah, I've seen the episode on YouTube, too, so it's not really a big deal.

tomswift2002

Quote from: MacGyver on February 15, 2011, 01:59:22 AM
I would be interested in buying both through a MOD program if CBS and FOX were willing to do so. Thanks for the clarification on the copyright ownerships- those things are tricky to track sometimes.

Especially when you are talking about the Hardy Boys Animated series.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca