Season 3 Sound Clips

Started by hardygirl847, June 01, 2010, 10:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hardygirl847

No problem Mac! :) They both had pics with their shows on them. I thought that was funny. :) I know you were just throwing the idea out there and I was merely trying to get a visual. Thanks for the clarification though. My head has been on explode mode for most of this week because I've been sick. I doubt I am reading everything correctly... :(  But I see where you would link Joe to the Mike Seaver and Frank to Alex. It's been a LONG time since I've seen those shows but your descriptions helped.

I wonder if the old scripts were shelfed or thrown away. I hope they were not tossed away. It would be a great bonus but I wouldn't hold your breath on that one. :(
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

MacGyver

QuoteThe clip was taken down from Youtube- but you can watch it directly at Oprah's site- http://www.oprah.com/oprahshow/Shaun-Cassidys-Greatest-Hits-Video

This was such a cute video- it was really fun seeing Shaun Cassidy perform his songs again and it's very cool that he was totally willing to do such an appearance. It would be really nice if he would ever venture to foray back into acting again for a bit- it would be nice to see him do a movie with Parker Stevenson. (I honestly think a clean version of "The Hardy Men" with him and Parker as midlife crisis Hardys could be really funny. I'd rather see that than the proposed version anyway.) Parker Stevenson and Pamela Sue Martin recently starred together in a movie, by the way- "McTaggart's Fortune", I believe it's called. I'm guessing it's probably a TV-movie deal- kinda sounds like a cheaper ripoff of The Goonies but I'd still like to see it just to see Frank and Nancy together again.
I was just looking online and for whatever reason, I can't find a listing on IMDB for "McTaggart's Fortune" anymore- I know Parker Stevenson and Pamela Sue Martin filmed scenes for it at least- I've seen set photos online. It's an independent production so I wonder if the moviemakers just ran out of money and couldn't finish it or something.... I've looked online and can't seem to find any further information. It's a shame because it looked like it would be a cute and fun adventure movie I would've liked to have seen, which would also reunite TV's Frank Hardy and Nancy Drew!
http://adventuremovies2010.alotoffilms.com/usa/mctaggarts-fortune.html
and here's the official website-
http://mctaggartsfortune.com/

But there doesn't seem to be any contact info on it...
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Olivia

Thanks for the info about McTaggart's Fortune. I would have liked to see it to, but we'll see what happens I guess!

hardygirl847

Yeah, as a Parker fan, I'd like to see it too.
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

MacGyver

I don't know if this means anything really, but I just it was interesting to note. On Amazon.com, when I do a search for The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries- on the listings for the Seasons 1 and 2 DVD sets, it now has 2012 listed in brackets by each title. And the release date has changed for each one. Whereas Season 1 was released in 2005 and Season 2 was released in 2007 originally, now both Seasons 1 and 2 DVD sets have a release date of January 10, 2012 listed.
I wonder if they were both given a rerelease perhaps? Like I said, it doesn't necessarily mean anything I guess. But if Seasons 1 and 2 had been rereleased to DVD (still by Universal that is)- maybe, just maybe, it's in conjunction with a Season 3 release? I don't know. I don't know if it will ever happen honestly- but I'd still love to see an official release of Season 3 to DVD sometime....
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

It might be more of a redistribution than an actual rerelease.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

As in stores ordering more copies or something? That is- it's the exact same packaging and discs- just issued out again from the publisher? This does seem to be more likely as I certainly haven't noticed any copies of these DVDs popping back up in stores or anything...

tomswift2002

Not so much in stores ordering more copies but Universal pushing the titles more.  Whenever a new X-Men movie comes out, Simon & Schuster usually redistributes the Star Trek The Next Generation/X-Men novel "Planet X" to try to get more sales of the book, even though it has been out since 1998 (two years before the first movie appeared).
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

I've read that book- Michael Jan Friedman did a great job of bringing together the Star Trek: The Next Generation and X-Men casts- love it! :) I also finally found the comic book crossover where everything started a while back, so now I have both the comic and book for the full story.

ilovejoehardy

good evening, could you please tell me where i coild watch hardy boys season 3? thank you so much

MacGyver

Thus far, the only ways to legally see Season 3 of The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries would include a few options. For starters, there is 1 episode from this season that was officially released to VHS in 1987, that being the "Search for Atlantis" episode. That is still available to buy from Amazon.com for as cheap as $4.99 at the moment (though this is for a used copy. There are also some sellers selling the video tape in a brand new state at $24.93- so you can take your pick on that. You might also like to try Ebay- it's possible you might find it cheaper there.)
     The other option would be to check with the local cable provider in your area. A number of retro TV channels have popped up in recent years, including Retro Television Network and Me-TV, both of which were running the show a year or two back, and they did run some of the Season 3 episodes (though unfortunately not all of them.) However, none of them seem to be running it now. But it's possible other such retro stations may be locally airing the show somewhere.
There are also many places to watch TV shows online legally and I would recommend sitcomsonline.com for a handy list of a lot of them- just look on the main page and scroll down to the menu bar on the left toward the bottom.
      In the past, Netflix supposedly had Season 3 episodes available for viewing, but I'm not sure if that ever actually happened or if they just had a listing for it. In any case, I don't know that they have the episodes available anymore, but you can always check just in case.
      This is pretty much all the legal options at the moment. I still hope one day Universal will finally release Season 3 on DVD so that all the episodes of this great show will be available.
        In the meantime, in the not-so-legal-technically category, you can always check such sites as Youtube and Google Videos, etc.- I know I have seen Season 3 episodes pop up on them before (only "The Last Kiss of Summer" (Parts 1 and 2)- but someone might upload the others at some point- who knows?)
      Hope that helps you some.
And hey- welcome to the forum! :)

MacGyver

QuoteI don't know if this means anything really, but I just it was interesting to note. On Amazon.com, when I do a search for The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries- on the listings for the Seasons 1 and 2 DVD sets, it now has 2012 listed in brackets by each title. And the release date has changed for each one. Whereas Season 1 was released in 2005 and Season 2 was released in 2007 originally, now both Seasons 1 and 2 DVD sets have a release date of January 10, 2012 listed.
I wonder if they were both given a rerelease perhaps? Like I said, it doesn't necessarily mean anything I guess. But if Seasons 1 and 2 had been rereleased to DVD (still by Universal that is)- maybe, just maybe, it's in conjunction with a Season 3 release? I don't know. I don't know if it will ever happen honestly- but I'd still love to see an official release of Season 3 to DVD sometime....
Curiouser and curiouser- Amazon.com has changed their listings back to the original 2005 and 2007 release dates for Season 1 and 2- maybe it was just a glitch in their system or something after all...

SkyWarp