Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys Supermystery: Gold Medal Murder

Started by FrankJoeATAC, September 07, 2009, 02:21:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrankJoeATAC

On the List of Hardy Boys books article on Wikipedia,it says that the fourth book in the new ND/HB series is called Gold Medal Murder.

JoeHardyRocks

"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

003Robin457

Olivia

SDLagent

JoeHardyRocks

I liked the other kind of names, like Club Dread, and Terror on Tour. :( :P
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

tomswift2002

Chapters.ca, Amazon.ca and Amazon.com are all giving Gold Medal Murder a July 6, 2010 release date, and all three have this plot synopsis:

Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys are on the case when a Summer Olympics scandal breaks out in this Nancy Drew / Hardy Boys Crossover

Looks like Simon & Schuster goofed up again.  The Winter Olympics are being held in 2010, not the Summer Olympics, which are being held in 2012.  I think it's pretty early to be trying to tie into the 2012 London, England Summer Olympics.  Sure I realize that Sabotage At Sports City had the Olympics set in that book in the US, but at least in the real world the 1992 Olympics were happening in the summer.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

SDLagent

Ah man, that's lame. I wanted the Hardys to come to BC!

Jokerette

I know that all you need is love, but I believe an Xbox Kinnect is pretty essential too, am I right?

tomswift2002

I'm just starting to read this.  Of course I've only read about 3 pages so far.

But I have noticed one thing with the Series list page at the front: apparently Club Dread is the 3rd Hardy Boys Undercover Brothers SuperMystery book, taking place in between #27 Double Deception and #28 Galaxy X.

But no mention is made of Terror On Tour or...or...or...or...(what's the name of the second NDGDHBUB Super Mystery'07?), in either the Nancy Drew Girl Detective or Hardy Boys Undercover Brothers list.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Jokerette

I know that all you need is love, but I believe an Xbox Kinnect is pretty essential too, am I right?

SDLagent

Jokerette

Quote from: SDLagent on July 14, 2010, 05:00:09 PM
Oh, no! She didn't like a UB book! Stone her!

ha! technically, it's not a UB book. it's been tainted by nancy drew. and, contrary to popular belief, i do not love every UB book.

MacGyver

That wasn't a crack against Nancy Drew, was it? 'Cause like Relient K, I love Nancy Drew- yes, I do. ;D
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"