Great website

Started by Criss, August 30, 2010, 12:19:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Criss

to tell you the truth - it's not only the plot that I like but it's also the fact that the book is new.  :P
I remember when I bought my very first blue spine from an internet bookstore. It was NEW. Before that I had only got several used casefiles and blue spines which had creases and yellowish paper.
The day the NEW blue spine arrived I felt a happy thrill.
It was What happened at Midnight and I even sniffed at the pages (with a happy smile)  ::)
Go figure!  8)

Criss

Quote from: tomswift2002 on September 01, 2010, 04:03:01 PM
How interesting, since I was born at CFB Lahr in West Germany back in the 80's, but I'm now in Canada.

Lahr is not far from my hometown (having Canadian and US distances in mind)  ;D
I live at the Rhine river, not far away from the French border

Criss

Quote from: Criss on August 31, 2010, 11:26:00 PM
As far as I know the Crimebusters have never been translated.

Correction: they have once but without much success and will be reprinted this fall

Jokerette

Quote from: Criss on September 05, 2010, 02:30:03 PM
It was What happened at Midnight and I even sniffed at the pages (with a happy smile)  ::)
Go figure!  8)

well, i, for one, do the same thing. i absolutely adore the "new book smell"  :-[
I know that all you need is love, but I believe an Xbox Kinnect is pretty essential too, am I right?

hardygirl847

Ditto! Nothing like a new book!! :)
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

SDLagent

I like old book smell, too.

Quote from: Criss on September 05, 2010, 02:10:51 PM
I've read the first volume of the LOST trilogy and I liked it pretty much.
I liked it that much that I plan to get the other two as well as soon as they will be published.

Is there a significant development in the series? I mean, are the last ones different from the first ones?

Children of the Lost was pretty good.

Q

I like books period.

Top that!

Jokerette

well, if you mean with a humanitarian achievement, here's one:

I tolerate SDLagent and tomswift2002!

;D ;D
I know that all you need is love, but I believe an Xbox Kinnect is pretty essential too, am I right?

SDLagent

Quote from: RevWolfX on September 06, 2010, 12:38:48 PM
well, if you mean with a humanitarian achievement, here's one:

I tolerate SDLagent and tomswift2002!

;D ;D

You do?

Q

Well, you aren't dead yet. 

Jokerette

hmm? you mean if i didn't i would have died of extreme aggravation and third-degree iwannapunchtheirlightsouteritis?  ;D

Q

I meant that they might be dead if you didn't tolerate them.

Criss

in order to prevent sudden deaths on this site, let me add another fact why I liked UB Children of the Lost other than the book smell.
It's the actual series and I have to wait for the next volume of the trilogy. It's not published yet.
Sounds strange, doesn't it?

I'm in a HB fever at the moment, and it's more or less easy to find a copy of a book I'd like to read next.
With the Lost trilogy I have to WAIT.
It's like in the good ole days of Harry Potter. Well, almost.  :P

SDLagent

Quote from: Criss on September 07, 2010, 01:34:36 PM
in order to prevent sudden deaths on this site, let me add another fact why I liked UB Children of the Lost other than the book smell.
It's the actual series and I have to wait for the next volume of the trilogy. It's not published yet.
Sounds strange, doesn't it?

I'm in a HB fever at the moment, and it's more or less easy to find a copy of a book I'd like to read next.
With the Lost trilogy I have to WAIT.
It's like in the good ole days of Harry Potter. Well, almost.  :P

Doesn't so strange to me. I totally know what you're talking about. I like that about current series, too.

Jokerette

Quote from: Q on September 07, 2010, 01:01:21 PM
I meant that they might be dead if you didn't tolerate them.

lol, too true! right before i died of the aforementioned sickness, i would robably track them down and kill them in cold blood...(jk!  ;D)

on second thought, i'll let Jasper do it! ;D