Biggest Fights Between the Boys

Started by hardygirl847, December 08, 2009, 11:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

Quoteagree...still abrupt. Joe in the TV series wasn't portrayed as hot tempered or impulsive as the Casefiles Joe Hardy. Granted Shaun's portrayal came first but still...The Joe Hardy from the TV series didn't seem like he would be so in a rush
Just thought I'd comment on this. I agree that Joe in the '70s TV series was not quite as hot-tempered or impulsive as Joe- but he certainly had his moments too. From the very start of The Hardy Boys series back in 1927 Joe has always been characterized as the younger, more impulsive one- which could include a quicker temper, but I kinda feel that was added more in the Casefiles. But in any case, most all of the aspects of Frank and Joe's personalities have always been in the books and TV shows, etc. to some degree.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

hardygirl847

I agree that they are represented well. However, in that particular instance...Joe proposed quickly. I don't think the Joe in the Casefiles would have been so impulsive to do that because he liked the ladies a little too much. He even flirts with girls when he's dating Vanessa! Plus he was still very hurt by Iola's death. So it depends on what you're comparing it to as well. Frank was a little too okay with the situation  in the show. I was like ********? If that was my sister, I would have to knock some sense into her....Oh well. :)

I love them and appreciate how they change a little here and there. It makes them even more loveable.

As for the 1995 series...hmm...I will get back to you on that one. I haven't started watching them again yet.
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)