What Happened At Midnight (1967)

Started by tomswift2002, March 06, 2014, 07:57:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomswift2002

Currently I am re-reading What Happened At Midnight, the 1967 revised text.  In some ways this book is very dated in 2014; how many "hams" have you met lately, and I'm not talking about the ham that you have at the dinner table.  I wonder what kids would think if someone came up to their door and said "I'm a ham!", as occurs at the end of chapter 2 and the beginning of chapter 3 (it was a radio ham that came to the Hardy's door).

Also, this is a very interesting book in relation to page 19.  When you read the page, you'll see what I mean, since Frank apparently has a conversation with himself for most of the page.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

Yeah, I guess so- it's been forever since I read that book. Even the revised books seem can seem out of date now...oh well- I still love them. I guess you just have to go into reading the book by reading the copyright date first and keep that in mind in the book- it's like a time machine to the late 1960s. :) 8)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"