D.A.N.G.E.R. Spells the Hangman (spoilers)

Started by SDLagent, July 11, 2009, 06:35:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SDLagent

Quote from: Hardy Boys UB Fan on February 13, 2011, 09:52:04 PM
How so? I don't see any difference.

Quote from: Hardy Boys UB Fan on February 14, 2011, 04:39:14 PM
Yeah. They sure do.

What the heck? You're totally contradicting yourself. Do you even know what you're talking about?

AlwaysAJoefan

Quote from: SDLagent on February 14, 2011, 06:30:46 PM
What the heck? You're totally contradicting yourself. Do you even know what you're talking about?

She didn't seem to contradict herself.  ???

Quote from: Hardy Boys UB Fan on February 13, 2011, 09:52:04 PM
How so? I don't see any difference.

That seemed to be concerning the Hardy Boys in the UB's themselves.

Quote from: Hardy Boys UB Fan on February 14, 2011, 04:39:14 PM
Yeah. They sure do.

That seemed to be concerning the UB's version of the Hardy Boys compared to the whole series. Different writers present different sides of a character.
Want to cure this country? Try 2 Chronicles 7:14...

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: AlwaysAJoefan on February 14, 2011, 07:41:28 PM

That seemed to be concerning the Hardy Boys in the UB's themselves.

That seemed to be concerning the UB's version of the Hardy Boys compared to the whole series. Different writers present different sides of a character.

Thank you! ;) :)

SDLagent

Quote from: AlwaysAJoefan on February 14, 2011, 07:41:28 PM

I posted that "Frank and Joe don't act like Frank and Joe", referencing to the fact that they act different in the UB than they do in other Hardy Boys series. Hardy Boys UB Fan replied, "How so? I don't see any difference." Then when Mac agreed with me, UB fan posted "Yeah. They sure do", agreeing with the fact that they act different in other series even though she'd just posted that she didn't see any difference.

MacGyver

I think she was agreeing with what I was trying to point out- that Frank and Joe act a little differently in the UB books because the writers have a different vision for the characters and are purposely distinguishing these books from previous characterizations, while retaining some basic aspects. (Not that this seems to be a particularly good vision though.)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

AlwaysAJoefan

Quote from: MacGyver on February 15, 2011, 12:30:18 AM
I think she was agreeing with what I was trying to point out- that Frank and Joe act a little differently in the UB books because the writers have a different vision for the characters and are purposely distinguishing these books from previous characterizations, while retaining some basic aspects. (Not that this seems to be a particularly good vision though.)

That's what I thought.
Want to cure this country? Try 2 Chronicles 7:14...

Hardy Boys UB Fan