The Hardy Boys Trivia Game!

Started by The#1Hardy-BoysFan, July 04, 2007, 02:07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SDLagent

Night of the Werewolf? I was sure that had more than 15 chapters...

MacGyver

Nope, not that one either. But if it helps, the last two guesses both have something in common with the book I'm thinking of. (i.e. All three of those books signified the same change for the series.)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

hardygirl847

The Hypersonic Secret #135?? It only has 14 chapters.
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

MacGyver

No- I just doublechecked- it's got 15 chapters. That's not the one I'm looking for. Sorry if this is getting to be troublesome to find the title, but I guess you're well trained for that now with most of my trivia questions. ;D
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

hardygirl847

Oops! I didn't check well enough.

Ok we need a hint Mac. You have hard questions!  :P
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

MacGyver

There's a pretty big hint in my last post- if you aim your targets closely enough, you can hit the bullseye!
(And yes, that was a hint too.) ;)

tomswift2002

It's either #161 Training for Trouble (April 2000: file folder cover design debuts on the Minstrel books) or #171 The Test Case (January 2002: still the same file folder cover, but now printed by Aladdin Paperbacks).
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

hardygirl847

Thanks for the extra hint Mac! but Ho Ho OH NO ...I think Captain Santa Claus got it. Bah humbug.

lol

MacGyver

Yeah- Captain Santa Claus is the winner. I was indeed thinking of #161 Training for Trouble
I remember first reading this when it came out some years ago and noticing that not only was there a totally different cover design, but there was also only 14 chapters. I think this is the lowest amount of chapters I've ever seen in a Hardy Boys book. [Though the page count was actually still about the normal amount I normally see in the Digests (from Revenge of the Desert Phantom forward, that is)- somewhere around 150 pages or so.] I don't know if any of the Undercover Brothers books have gone any lower on chapter counts than that offhand. But that's the first Hardy Boys book to have less than 15 chapters to the best of my knowledge (and that's within a series.) Captain Santa Claus also pointed out a neat technicality earlier with The Hardy Boys Detective Handbook that I hadn't even thought of. So anyway- nice job and challenge away. :) 8)

tomswift2002

In Nancy Drew And The Hardy Boys Camp Fire Stories, what organization do Nancy Drew, Frank and Joe Hardy solve mysteries for?

a) The FBI
b) Camp Fire, Inc.
c) The Stratemeyer Syndicate
d) The American Society of Firefighters
e) The American Society of Forest Rangers
f) The Network
g) ATAC
h) The CIA
i) Swift Enterprises
j) Clark Griswald, Jr.
k) Smokey The Bear
l) Scouts of America
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

SDLagent

tomswift2002

I thought that this was going to be a hard one, with the book being so scarce, but yeah, it is Camp Fire, Inc..

Your turn SDL.

hardygirl847

Scarce? Yeah...I've never heard of it!  Is it good?

MacGyver

Yeah, it's pretty good. I didn't see this one in time and perhaps it's just as well because I probably would've bowed out anyway. I knew this one only because I've got a copy of the book. I read it a while back and I enjoyed the short stories pretty well. If you're familiar with the Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys: Super Sleuths! books, it's a pretty similar format. Obviously, in keeping with the spirit of Camp Fire, Inc., most all (if not all) of the stories are set on camping expeditions in the great outdoors. And Frank, Joe and Nancy are essentially camp counselors throughout the stories, if I remember correctly. And they all do have short story form mysteries to solve, generally with one of the organization's principles and philosophies imbued in the story to some degree. (It's not like it's an overarching thing, but they do usually talk some about it somewhere.) For anyone who likes The Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew crossovers outside of the Supermysteries '88 series and Casefiles universe- all three of these books- Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys: Campfire Stories and Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys: Super Sleuths! and Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys: Super Sleuths! 2 offer some fun crossover stories set in the original continuity and for the Super Sleuths books anyway, feature the trio solving mysteries in both Bayport and River Heights, with additional supporting characters showing up at times too. The first Super Sleuths book also features "The Secret of Mountaintop Inn", originally published as "Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys Solve a Christmas Mystery" in the December 16, 1980 issue of Family Circle magazine. So it's fun for huge Christmas fans like me just for that. :D  (I'm pretty sure the Camp Fire Stories book also features a winter festival in one of the stories, but I'm not sure if Christmas is specifically mentioned.)

hardygirl847

Wow Mac! Thanks for the run down! :) I will have to search for it and check it out.