August 2013 Book Club: Casefiles #91 Hot Wheels

Started by Bigfootman, August 01, 2013, 05:57:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigfootman

Sorry about June, my computer suddenly decided to stop working, and my hard drive had to be replaced. As nobody has picked a book for August, this month's book is Casefiles #91 Hot Wheels.

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

MacGyver

Totally understandable. No worries.
And thanks for doing this month. It's been a while since I've read Hot Wheels, so I'll have to peruse through it again before I can really comment. One thing I wanted to ask off the bat though- did Simon & Schuster get permission to use that toy cars' name for the book? ;) (If so, that could've made for a great cross-promotional item- we could've gotten a Hot Wheels toy version of The Hardys' van with the book or something. :) 8)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

Considering that 'Hot Wheels' is also slang for a stolen car, S&S probably didn't need to get a license. 
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

Well "Hot Wheels" is one of the better later-Casefiles.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca