May 2012 Book Club - A Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys SuperMystery'88: High Survival

Started by tomswift2002, May 15, 2012, 09:53:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomswift2002

This is the discussion for A Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys SuperMystery'88 book "High Survival" from August 1991.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

From what I recall of this offhand, it took place largely in the outdoors and Frank, Joe and Nancy go whitewater rafting at one point, I believe it is. The setting alone gets me interested- the outdoor in the woods-type stories are pretty fun. :)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

I'm reading it right now and it takes place in the Wyoming mountains with Nancy and George going on a hiking trip with a bunch of kids from all over the US, and the several mishaps happening and Nancy calls the boys for backup.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

MacGyver

I do recall now that you mention it that Nancy calls in Frank and Joe to help her. That's cool- that probably makes this book one of the few times where Nancy calls Frank and Joe to come help her on a case. (And of course, Frank and Joe have sometimes called Nancy to come help them on a case in some books in this series too.)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Bigfootman

Thank you for starting the topic for me, I had several projects to work on, altough I had chosen High Stakes, not High Survival.

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

tomswift2002