Writing a wrecked room scene?

Started by Hardy Boys UB Fan, April 23, 2011, 09:44:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy Boys UB Fan

How do I go about writing a wrecked room scene? :-\ Note, this does take place in my story in chapter seven of Ambulance Detectives.

Spoiler!

It involves them coming back from a run and they find stuff from the other ambulances just thrown around the place.

hardygirl847

What about it are you concerned about? You can have them talk about in their dialog or you can describe what the mess looks like in a narrative way. I know you have them talking in first person, so you could do something like...

Frank

I opened the room to our apartment and noticed that everything was around the floor. Chairs had fallen, clothes were haphazardly around the bed and floor. Joe walked towards our beds and motioned to me to look at all of papers lying in a ransacked mess. Then I realized we need to check to make sure our real IDs weren't missing....

Something like that would work. I just came up with that on the top of my head so I'm sure you will come up with something much better. :)
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: hardygirl847 on April 24, 2011, 12:32:56 AM
What about it are you concerned about? You can have them talk about in their dialog or you can describe what the mess looks like in a narrative way. I know you have them talking in first person, so you could do something like...

Frank

I opened the room to our apartment and noticed that everything was around the floor. Chairs had fallen, clothes were haphazardly around the bed and floor. Joe walked towards our beds and motioned to me to look at all of papers lying in a ransacked mess. Then I realized we need to check to make sure our real IDs weren't missing....

Something like that would work. I just came up with that on the top of my head so I'm sure you will come up with something much better. :)

Thanks for the help! ;D

MacGyver

You might also try-
Frank speaking-

I opened the room to our apartment and stepped into a scene of chaos. Chairs had fallen, clothes were haphazardly tossed around the bed and floor and our desk drawers' contents had been emptied on the floor. Joe walked towards our beds and plopped down in the middle of it. "Well, it's been a long day, Frank- I'm hitting the sack early."
"Joe!" I half-barked. "You don't notice anything wrong? Don't you think we should check out the scene to see who caused this mess?"
"What are you talking about?" Joe replied. "It looks just like I always leave my room at home."
"Wow," I said while rolling my eyes. "So for you to tell our room had just been ransacked, it'd have to be like on fire or something, right? Yeah, I am so glad we have separate bedrooms."
"Hey, the important thing is that I know where everything is in my room," Joe countered.
"Same here," I responded. "Of course, I can actually find things within a few seconds or so as compared to the baseball glove you're still looking for to use in last week's game."
"Gee, Mr. Clean- I feel so ashamed. I know now I should tidy my room just for fun every day," Joe said with a sly grin.
"Okay, wiseguy- and knowing's half the battle. Come on- let's get looking for clues- for real."
"Okay- I'll do that first thing- right after my nap."
And with that, Joe was out like a light while I was suddenly having flashbacks of Sesame Street. I always liked Bert. ;)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: MacGyver on April 24, 2011, 08:51:45 PMYou might also try-Frank speaking-I opened the room to our apartment and stepped into a scene of chaos. Chairs had fallen, clothes were haphazardly tossed around the bed and floor and our desk drawers' contents had been emptied on the floor. Joe walked towards our beds and plopped down in the middle of it. "Well, it's been a long day, Frank- I'm hitting the sack early.""Joe!" I half-barked. "You don't notice anything wrong? Don't you think we should check out the scene to see who caused this mess?""What are you talking about?" Joe replied. "It looks just like I always leave my room at home.""Wow," I said while rolling my eyes. "So for you to tell our room had just been ransacked, it'd have to be like on fire or something, right? Yeah, I am so glad we have separate bedrooms.""Hey, the important thing is that I know where everything is in my room," Joe countered."Same here," I responded. "Of course, I can actually find things within a few seconds or so as compared to the baseball glove you're still looking for to use in last week's game.""Gee, Mr. Clean- I feel so ashamed. I know now I should tidy my room just for fun every day," Joe said with a sly grin."Okay, wiseguy- and knowing's half the battle. Come on- let's get looking for clues- for real.""Okay- I'll do that first thing- right after my nap."And with that, Joe was out like a light while I was suddenly having flashbacks of Sesame Street. I always liked Bert. ;)

Cute! 8)