hardcover
3 (27.3%)
paperback
7 (63.6%)
ebook
1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Hardy Sleuth

If you could have any Hardy Boys book, would you want it to be hardcover, paper, or ebook? I'm willing to read them as any of those, but prefer hardcover. 8)
Joe Hardy said "Iola is alive, I can feel it. I couldn't feel this strongly about someone who was dead."

"Then I won't tell you to give up hope," Frank said softly. 8)

AlwaysAJoefan

You need an 'I'll read them in any format' option. ;)
Want to cure this country? Try 2 Chronicles 7:14...

Hardy Sleuth

Quote from: AlwaysAJoefan on April 15, 2012, 10:06:22 PM
You need an 'I'll read them in any format' option. ;)

I tried to see if it would allow me to modify the poll, but it won't. I should have included that option, because I definitely will read the books in any format, too. ;D But do you prefer one over another? :)
Joe Hardy said "Iola is alive, I can feel it. I couldn't feel this strongly about someone who was dead."

MacGyver

Hmm- can't say I have any real preference necessarily. I'll read The Hardy Boys in pretty much any format. I will say that E-book would probably be my least favorite option, though I have attempted to read books online before. (Back in yon olden days, otherwise known as circa 1996-1997, when I was looking up public domain copies of the Sherlock Holmes short stories online to read- and even that was cumbersome and tedious. So yeah- I'd prefer an actual physical book, but I don't care so much if it's paperback or hardback. Either one is good.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

AlwaysAJoefan

Quote from: Hardy Sleuth on April 15, 2012, 10:48:08 PM
I tried to see if it would allow me to modify the poll, but it won't. I should have included that option, because I definitely will read the books in any format, too. ;D But do you prefer one over another? :)

Paperback. They're easier to squeeze into my messengers bag. :)

Hardy Sleuth

Quote from: MacGyver on April 15, 2012, 11:03:50 PM
Hmm- can't say I have any real preference necessarily. I'll read The Hardy Boys in pretty much any format. I will say that E-book would probably be my least favorite option, though I have attempted to read books online before. (Back in yon olden days, otherwise known as circa 1996-1997, when I was looking up public domain copies of the Sherlock Holmes short stories online to read- and even that was cumbersome and tedious. So yeah- I'd prefer an actual physical book, but I don't care so much if it's paperback or hardback. Either one is good.

An ereader is better than reading on the computer, another friend of mine has one and let me check it out. 8) You can easily go to the next page and all so it flows pretty well. :)

Quote from: AlwaysAJoefan on April 16, 2012, 10:51:35 AM
Paperback. They're easier to squeeze into my messengers bag. :)

Cool, true. 8)

MacGyver

QuoteAn ereader is better than reading on the computer, another friend of mine has one and let me check it out.  You can easily go to the next page and all so it flows pretty well.
Well, I'm sure that probably is true too- a good factor to consider. Nonetheless, I'm just old-fashioned on these things I guess- lol. I'd rather have an actual physical book- though I don't care if it's paperback or hardback necessarily.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Hardy Sleuth

Quote from: MacGyver on April 16, 2012, 03:48:38 PM
Well, I'm sure that probably is true too- a good factor to consider. Nonetheless, I'm just old-fashioned on these things I guess- lol. I'd rather have an actual physical book- though I don't care if it's paperback or hardback necessarily.

Oh, I agree the actual paper book is best. 8) I'm willing to read the Hardy Boys books in any format. ;D

P. Walker

Quote from: Hardy Sleuth on April 16, 2012, 03:44:34 PM
An ereader is better than reading on the computer, another friend of mine has one and let me check it out. 8) You can easily go to the next page and all so it flows pretty well. :)

Cool, true. 8)
so true. i bought a Nook a few weeks ago and I love it...even so i still like having a collection of physical books to show. the only thing thats loaded onto my Nook are public domain works.

Hardy Sleuth

Quote from: P. Walker on April 16, 2012, 05:43:21 PM
so true. i bought a Nook a few weeks ago and I love it...even so i still like having a collection of physical books to show. the only thing thats loaded onto my Nook are public domain works.

8) I have a friend with a Nook and one with a Kindle and they both love them. 8) A happy full bookshelf of paper books is even better than a virtual one, but both are nice. :) There are a lot of books I've come across online that are in public domain that I would like to read. 8)

AlwaysAJoefan

I have a Kindle Touch, with quite a few Casefiles on it. :D

Hardy Sleuth

Quote from: AlwaysAJoefan on April 16, 2012, 06:46:20 PM
I have a Kindle Touch, with quite a few Casefiles on it. :D

That Kindle Touch is cool! 8) I don't have one, but that and the Kindle Fire is very appealing! And so is the iPad!  8)

MacGyver

I'm glad for these e-readers that are at least getting people interested in reading books. That is always a positive. :)
(And yes, I would be okay with reading a book and certainly a Hardy Boys book in that format if needs be- but I don't think it would be my preferred option.)

Hardy Sleuth

Reading good books in any format is cool. ;D But if you want to mark out a word, it is better to do that with paper than an ereader.  :o Jk, lol ;) :D

MacGyver

You can use whiteout on an ereader. ;D