2 (40%)
2 stars - below average
0 (0%)
1 star - horrible
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

SDLagent

HAS TALK RADIO GONE TOO FAR?

Looks like a first-time caller, long-time listener wants to silence teen radio commentator John Pryde...permanently!

So, it's up to Frank and Joe Hardy to keep him on the air. The Undercover Brothers may not agree with the boy's provocative views, but they will risk life and limb to protect his right to say it!

Review: I got Word Up! today. It wasn't the best of the series, but I think it's better than Shhhhhh!. The art was better, too. Plus, it was nice to see the Hardys get some down-time, even if it didn't last long.

The story was pretty good, although it would have been better with an extra ten pages or so.

For this mission ATAC gives Frank and Joe a special car. Although it doesn't look very good, I thought it was a cool part of the story.

Oh, yeah, and did I mention Scott Lobdell should become a propaganda writer? First US President Barack Obama's cameo in the last title and now, a story dealing with freedom of speech, politics, and war...

QuoteIn three simple words, people: God bless America
-Frank

Rating: 3.5/5

003Robin457

Quote from: SDLagent on May 26, 2009, 05:58:45 PM
Oh, yeah, and did I mention Scott Lobdell should become a propaganda writer? First US President Barack Obama's cameo in the last title and now, a story dealing with freedom of speech, politics, and war...
-Frank

I know 2 message books in a row! So Word Up! was better than Shhhhhh! ATAC kinda tricks them into going on the mission though. :-\
PS. Is it just me or are there more Frank Girls than Joe Girls in the UB?

tomswift2002

I just received Word Up! about an hour ago and I've already read it.  It was definitely better than Shhh!, and it was interesting how the story was about freedom of speech. 

And I sort of didn't like how ATAC tricked the boys onto this case, but I've got to ask what was with the Sailor Moon girls in the book?
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

SDLagent

SDLagent

I've added a poll to this topic. Those who have read the book, please vote!

Olivia

I actually really enjoyed it. I loved most of the beach part ? I found it hilarious, along with the running jokes, like how Joe had to keep tackling that dude. A couple of good twists and turns, too.

I?m deciding between a 4-star and a 5-star rating. I should keep all the other GNs in mind so I have an actual scale instead of just saying ?5-star? to every one that I generally like.

SDLagent

Did anyone notice Shaggy and Scooby's cameo?

Olivia