#48 The Arctic Patrol Mystery

Started by tomswift2002, September 22, 2018, 07:16:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomswift2002

Published: 1969
Written By: Andrew Svenson (The Secret of The Caves (1964), The Melted Coins (1970), The Sign of the Crooked Arrow (1949), The Secret Of the Lost Tunnel (1950), The Wailing Siren Mystery (1951), The Arctic Patrol Mystery (1969), Danger on Vampire Trail (1971), The Shattered Helmet (1973), The Clue Of the Hissing Serpent (1974), The Mysterious Caravan (1975)

Plot: Frank and Joe help their father locate a man from Iceland who is set to receive $50,000 dollars from a life insurance policy.  Meanwhile, the Hardy's are also called upon to locate a missing NASA astronaut. 

Review:  The Arctic Patrol Mystery is infamous as having a map of Iceland in the front of the book.  Unfortunately, I really found the map useless, as it would've helped to have had the locations of the different places that the Hardy's went to in the story.  Otherwise, it was an ok story.  It really didn't pick up, and the two mysteries were never really connected.  Sure after they had found the man for the insurance check he played a role in the story, but before that it was never really explained why the crooks were trying to go after the insurance money in the first place, aside from simple robbery. 

Rating: 6.0 out of 10
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

I haven't read this book in years but that's probably the biggest thing I took from it- learning a little about Iceland.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"