Dollhouse Miniatures

Started by hardygirl847, December 10, 2010, 12:13:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeHardyRocks

LOL They look like little emo girl dolls... I'd pay like 5 bucks for them ;D
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

hardygirl847

Is it horrible of me that I might not even pay $5 for them??
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

Jokerette

uhmmm...(*blushes uncomfortably while handing $40 bucks to the clerk in exchange for the dolls*) are you totally kidding me! that is waaaay over priced and i wouldn't be caught dead with hardy boy dolls! (*hides dolls behind my back*)  ;D
I know that all you need is love, but I believe an Xbox Kinnect is pretty essential too, am I right?

hardygirl847

lol If they were made to look like cute BOYS instead of boyish girls....then I'd rethink it. :) At least I know I can inspire Barbies around the world to enjoy reading with the mini HB books. :D
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

MacGyver

I can't remember if I've posted this before- but if you want some Hardy Boys figures beyond the Tonner ones or the 1970s TV show ones, there're also the 1969 cartoon ones!
http://www.toycollector.com/index.php?option=com_myblog&show=the-hardy-boysa-a-a-rolls-royce-corgia-a-a-s-most-obscure-far-out-character-toyhtml&Itemid=86477

(Very nice entry here about Corgi's Rolls-Royce that was released in conjunction with The Hardy Boys cartoon show. And it came with figurines of Wanda Kay, Pete Jones, Chet "Chubby" Morton, and Frank and Joe Hardy. There are also some nice screencaps from the cartoon and just some good general information about its history.) :)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: JoeHardyRocks on January 20, 2011, 12:38:46 PM
LOL They look like little emo girl dolls... I'd pay like 5 bucks for them ;D

Yeah. They do. ;)

hardygirl847

Sorry Mac but those figurines might be worse.... :-\

MacGyver

I wasn't saying they were the greatest- just wanted you all to know they are out there (well, somewhere on Ebay for a lot of money, I'm sure.) The car itself is kinda cool though. And it's nice to have any figurines of the Hardy Boys and Chet.
Of course, I think I like the model van from the '70s show even better when it comes to vehicles. :)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

hardygirl847

Compared to the emo dolls and the cartoon figurines (minus the car), 1970s Parker, Shaun, and van....RULE over all!

MacGyver

I wonder if the Parker and Shaun dolls would actually fit in that van- from the pictures I've seen I'm pretty sure they aren't scaled for it- but then it is only a model kit. I wish they had released a 3 3/4 inch line action figure set with a toy van. That would have been cool. I suppose we only would have seen Frank and Joe action figures, but they could have done one for Nancy Drew too. Maybe even Fenton Hardy and Carson Drew as well. And a playset for the Hardy house with Frank and Joe's crime lab would have been neat.

hardygirl847

Oh Mac. You are too funny. I love how guys say that dolls are really action figures. I also love how you'd like a vehicle and dream house for them too.

You crack me up! But I agree. That would rock.

MacGyver

It's all in marketing. Dolls aimed at boys sound WAY cooler as action figures than "dolls". I mean- stuffed animal is okay as a term, but doll is just way too far into the pink zone. ;D
And that technically is the preferred term to specifically refer to 3 3/4 inch toys. Doll generally refers more to 12 inch toys- like the Indiana Jones doll that was made for Raiders of the Lost Ark and the original G.I. Joe dolls from the 1960s.

Jokerette

Quote from: hardygirl847 on February 16, 2011, 02:17:15 PM
Oh Mac. You are too funny. I love how guys say that dolls are really action figures. I also love how you'd like a vehicle and dream house for them too.

You crack me up! But I agree. That would rock.

i know! haha

little girl: "i want a miley cyrus doll!"
little boy: "and i want a justin beiber!"
little girl and her mom: "...that's a doll, Bobby!"
little boy scowls at them and yells: "it's not a doll! it's an ACTION FIGURE!"
I know that all you need is love, but I believe an Xbox Kinnect is pretty essential too, am I right?

MacGyver

No, in the case of Justin Beiber, as I'm sure most girls would agree, he's definitely a doll. ;D

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: MacGyver on February 18, 2011, 11:36:44 PM
No, in the case of Justin Beiber, as I'm sure most girls would agree, he's definitely a doll. ;D

I don't like him. ::)