Brainstorming a New Hardy Boys Casefiles TV Series

Started by SkyWarp, January 02, 2020, 06:17:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyWarp

I have often thought that a Casefiles TV series would be a great tv show to watch.   But what would that look like?  What style of of show would it be or target audience would it reach?

Let me throw out this idea......

Have you seen the show Blue Bloods?   Although the target audience for Blue Bloods is a little older than some shows, I think it would be a good match for the style of show I am thinking the Casefiles could loosely follow.   But not just follow, I think it could be a true spin-off of the show. 

Before the first episode of the Casefiles TV show starts, it would "introduced" in a few episodes of Blue Bloods.  Fenton could be getting ready to retire as a police detective with the NYPD.  The connection doesn't even need to be that big.   Maybe just show both Fenton and his partner Samuel Peterson at Fenton's retirement party that Henry Reagan (retired police commissioner and son of current police commissioner Frank Reagan) is attending. 

I suppose you could make it a season long introduction too if you wanted to really intertwine things.  You could even introduce the Hardy Boys themselves perhaps in a long season introduction where Danny Reagan (detective son of current Police Commissioner Frank Reagan) and Fenton don't always get along because Fenton's sons are always getting in the way.   Maybe even drop some very small (and maybe some large) names in various Cases the Reagan family come across throughout the season. 

Anyway, I could see a lot of crossover potential for the two series considering the Hardy Boys have spent a lot of time in New York City in the Casefiles. 

What is everyone else's thoughts?

MacGyver

I would love a Hardy Boys Casefiles series but I'd rather see it be its own thing.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"