Time Bomb

Started by tomswift2002, April 02, 2009, 10:00:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomswift2002

I'm currently re-reading Time Bomb for, like the 7th time since 1996, and I am having a blast.  I've only read the first two chapters so far, but it is a really, really great book!
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

tomswift2002

I just finished the book today, and this is a book that every fan of the Hardy Boys and Tom Swift needs to read.

Now then, there are some areas of the book where I don't believe the things that are described could happen (especially the part where Tom Swift goes back to 65 million BC, since I believe that the Earth is only 7,000 years old, and I also believe in Creation, but this is not the place to get into one of those discussions) but other wise the plot moved really fast, and even on the 7th or 8th read through the author kept me guessing as to what was going to happen next.

Rating:  I am giving Time Bomb an extremely rare rating of 12 out of 10.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

Bigfootman

Quote from: tomswift2002 on April 12, 2009, 03:39:45 PM
I just finished the book today, and this is a book that every fan of the Hardy Boys and Tom Swift needs to read.

Now then, there are some areas of the book where I don't believe the things that are described could happen (especially the part where Tom Swift goes back to 65 million BC, since I believe that the Earth is only 7,000 years old, and I also believe in Creation, but this is not the place to get into one of those discussions) but other wise the plot moved really fast, and even on the 7th or 8th read through the author kept me guessing as to what was going to happen next.

You must remeber that these books are sci-fi, not creation fiction. As the Evolution therory was the most commonly used by scientests back then (and still is) it's no surprize they had dinosaurs not living with cavemen. As you said however, this is not the place for these kinds of diccusions. You must also remeber that this is not the first time evolution and life living million of years ago is nothing new for the Hardys or Tom Swift. There were other books were this stuff was mentioned.

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

4567TME

Quote from: tomswift2002 on April 12, 2009, 03:39:45 PM

How can you give it a 12 out of 10??!! :-\

tomswift2002

That's why I said it was a rare rating.

4567TME

4567TME

Hey, tomswift2002!
Check out my "Book Scores" topic under General Hardy Boys Discussions.

Fenlaur

I just finished reading Time Bomb. It wasn't what I had expected. I have never read a Tom Swift book before and it was just kind of weird having the Hardys all of a sudden believe in time travel. But I thought it was a good book. I'm hoping to read Alien Factor soon.
FENLAUR