House on the Point by Benjamin Hoff

Started by CalvinKnox, December 22, 2017, 02:13:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CalvinKnox

Has anyone else read this book?  I borrowed it from the library a few years ago.  It was an interesting twist of House on the Cliff.  Doesn't Simon & Schuster own the "Hardy Boys"? if so, how did he get away with writing a book that features Frank and Joe?

MacGyver

I have heard of this but I haven't read it. I suppose Hoff must have been able to get permission to use the characters.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

House on The Point is a parody of The Hardy Boys.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

CalvinKnox

But if I remember correctly, the main characters all have the same names, no poorly disguised names like "Frank and Joe Harris".  I read somewhere that Hoff was into far-eastern mysticism and had rejected the publishing industry.   

VLoneWolf

I haven't read this one.  I did not think I have seen it anywhere for sale or in a library.  Of course I wasn't looking for it.