Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys Super Mystery #5: Bonfire Masquerade

Started by MacGyver, December 22, 2010, 10:39:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

Amazon.com now has the cover art up for the 5th book in the Nancy Drew and The Hardy Boys Super Mystery series entitled Bonfire Masquerade.   
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

SDLagent

hardygirl847

Dear Current Ghostwriters,

PLEASE go back to the Hardy Boys (and even ND Supermysteries) we have come to know and love. PICK UP an older book and actually READ it. THEN work on a current UB or Super Mystery book.

What you are giving us now makes us sigh and read a book we have already read  6 times instead of your new "so called" Hardy Boys material.

It makes us sad...and somewhat irritated.

We do not have high hopes for this one as we now see your patterns and/or "work" from the other books.

Sincerely,

HB FANS

That's how I feel about that.
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

SDLagent

It's not so much the ghostwriters fault but S&S and the editorial.

tomswift2002

Quote from: MacGyver on December 22, 2010, 10:39:04 AM
Amazon.com now has the cover art up for this book.
http://www.amazon.com/Bonfire-Masquerade-Nancy-Drew-Hardy/dp/1442403284

Where's the bonfire?  I guess S&S is expecting us to pitch this book into one then.

It looks more like the boys and Nancy are headed to the bayou, not  bonfire.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

hardygirl847

Quote from: Captain Santa Claus on December 29, 2010, 01:24:34 PM
Where's the bonfire?  I guess S&S is expecting us to pitch this book into one then.

It looks more like the boys and Nancy are headed to the bayou, not  bonfire.

LOL

Quote from: SDLagent on December 24, 2010, 12:46:47 AM
It's not so much the ghostwriters fault but S&S and the editorial.

Well...it still stinks either way...no matter who is at fault.
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

JoeHardyRocks

Ohhhhhh..... That is just a TERRIBLE cover! :P What are those cover designer people thinking? It's a horrible, clashy obnoxious red design, it'll practically give people seizures! It's LAME. I never liked the people covers before, but now.... Ugh!  :P :P :P :P
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

MacGyver

You mean the photo-realistic covers? Because I do like the book covers with people on it- but more like the illustrated characters on the Digests and Casefiles and Originals - most all of them have had more action going on than most of the Undercover Brothers- (at least for the Supermysteries series- they look like they're brooding, tough and "cool" kids who probably listen to grunge rock or death metal... (which is not necessarily a bad thing, depending on which band and which moments...)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

JoeHardyRocks

Yeah, I didn't like the people they chose for the hardy boys. The nancy drew covers are generally nice, but the hardy boys always look so..... I don't know, bored to death?
"Thank you, Joe."

SDLagent

JoeHardyRocks

"Thank you, Joe."

hardygirl847

I'm not opposed to real people being on the cover but they could at least do a different pose. It seems like the "cover design people" :) copy and paste then use photoshop. Not well...either.

I'm more interested in seeing how the actual book is.

SDLagent

Bigfootman

Bonfire Masquerade will be 192 pages, it's like they are choosing page numbers at random. 

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

JoeHardyRocks

Quote from: Dinosaur Dan on February 18, 2011, 05:28:23 PM
Bonfire Masquerade will be 192 pages, it's like they are choosing page numbers at random.

I'm sure they don't pre-choose how many pages the book would be. They probably just write it, and it turns out how it turns out.
"Thank you, Joe."