Nancy Drew & the Hardy Boys: The Death of Nancy Drew

Started by Raven, January 24, 2020, 05:50:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raven

Saw this article on the second series of Nancy Drew & Hardy Boys comic published by Dynamite. It's scheduled to be released in April 2020.

MacGyver

Thus far I've hated the titles they've released based on these characters so I don't expect this will be any better- but thanks for letting us know.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

But it's interesting how they are writing stories that are closer in style to the early-Casefiles. 
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

Somewhat. In my opinion these go way past boundaries the Casefiles didn't cross.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

SkyWarp

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: MacGyver on January 24, 2020, 10:17:32 PM
Somewhat. In my opinion these go way past boundaries the Casefiles didn't cross.

How did they go way past boundaries?

MacGyver

Foul language and sexual immorality, mainly- along with totally different characterizations of some characters, including long-standing protagonists shown to be criminals.

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: MacGyver on February 22, 2020, 11:03:26 PM
Foul language and sexual immorality, mainly- along with totally different characterizations of some characters, including long-standing protagonists shown to be criminals.

Someone said they had to edit the Casefiles due to swearing. Is this true? I do like how we're getting some Casefile action at least and the characters are actually more mature, vs acting like kids.

tomswift2002

VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

If I recall correctly, I think there may be at least one instance in the Casefiles where a character is said to have sworn softly under his breath or something to that effect. I don't remember ever reading foul words spelt out as recent graphic novels and Undercover Brothers books and I believe Adventures books have done.