Graphic Novel #14: Haley Danelle's Top Eight!

Started by SkyWarp, March 03, 2008, 05:26:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyWarp

No cover yet, but the names on these graphic novels get stranger and stranger all the time. 

tomswift2002

Is this going to be a countdown of the top eight Graphic novels, or a plot similar to the Undercover Brothers novel "Top Ten Ways To Die"?
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Centrion

Funny, Tom that's exactly what I thought of when I saw the name. Hmm, interesting...
Don't worry, I have a plan.
-Frank
Right. Every time you say that, I usually do something stupid, like jump in a septic tank.
-Joe

Q

tomswift2002

And let's just hope that the story doesn't revolve around anymore reality shows.  That plot has been overused not just in the graphic novels, but in the regular Undercover Brothers series.  Plus, in February 2004 S&S published Warehouse Rumble in the Digest series and it was based on the reality series craze of 2001-2004.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

SDLagent

According to the list of titles in the front of Graphic Novel #13 and the preview of #14 in the back, the name this book has been changed from ''Haley Danelle's Top Eight!'' to ''Haley Danelle's Best Eight''. Personally I think 'Top' sounds better in the title but that's just me.

003Robin457

I read the plot and the book is suspost to not have ATAC in it. I gess you guys got your wish. Hmmm I wonder if Scott Lobdell reads our forum?  :D

tomswift2002

I think Scott Lobdell is probably an old time Hardy Boys fan and was probably getting tired of writing just ATAC missions.

SDLagent

Scott Lobdell has said before that he read The Hardy Boys as a kid, and I think, I it wasn't for S&S, he would write even more non-S&S stories. In an interview he actually said while he does like ATAC, he also likes stumbling across cases.

003Robin457

SDLagent

From what I hear they didn't pick him, he picked them. Apparently when he heard about the idea of a Hardy Boys comic book/graphic novel series, he asked for the job!

SDLagent

Papercutz new Editorial Assistant Michael Petranek says this about ''Haley Danelle's Top Eight'' (yes, apparently it is ''Top'' not ''Best''  ::))

Warning: Spoilers Follow

Hitting bookstores soon will be the Hardy Boys volume 14: "Haley Danelle's Top Eight."  It's a great story that deals with what I'm doing right now: participating in an online social network!  Frank and Joe run into one particularly clever villain who is not your average run-of-the-mill bad guy.  Or should I say, bad gal?  I'm not gonna give up any spoilers here, so I'll leave it at that!

003Robin457

Am I the first one to read it!?! :) It was not bad but it could have been better. In my oppion a little better then #11.

SDLagent

Where does it rank with the top graphics, like #7 and #10?

tomswift2002

I just ordered it last night and it has already shipped, so I should get it at the latest next Thursday.