Hardy Men

Started by FrankJoeATAC, August 24, 2008, 05:23:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think the Hardy Men will be a good movie?

Yes
3 (9.4%)
No
17 (53.1%)
Not Sure
12 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 30

hardygirl847

Is this good or bad news for us??? Will this halt any work on Hardy Men or propel it into actually happening??

Tom Cruise is set to reprise his character from Tropic Thunder. I've heard that Ben Stiller is also to star (possibly) in this movie. Would there be 2 Tom and Ben movies (besides the one that is already out)?

http://www.hollywoodnews.com/2010/06/09/paramount-confirms-untitled-les-grossman-project-in-the-works/
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

Jokerette

if the movies are popular, they may get more viewers. which may in turn mean that they make another imbecilic hardy men movie  >:(
I know that all you need is love, but I believe an Xbox Kinnect is pretty essential too, am I right?

Bigfootman

Quote from: hardygirl847 on June 10, 2010, 12:04:53 AM
Is this good or bad news for us??? Will this halt any work on Hardy Men or propel it into actually happening??

Tom Cruise is set to reprise his character from Tropic Thunder. I've heard that Ben Stiller is also to star (possibly) in this movie. Would there be 2 Tom and Ben movies (besides the one that is already out)?

http://www.hollywoodnews.com/2010/06/09/paramount-confirms-untitled-les-grossman-project-in-the-works/
Madgascar 3 will also halt work on the movie, as it's coming out in 2012.

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

Jokerette

Quote from: Dinosaur Dan on June 21, 2010, 12:29:23 PM
Madgascar 3 will also halt work on the movie, as it's coming out in 2012.

what! there is a third one! i hope they aren't gonna over do it with sequels
I know that all you need is love, but I believe an Xbox Kinnect is pretty essential too, am I right?

SDLagent

They already did.

hardygirl847

I know this thread isn't about Madagascar but I loved the second one. I'm not surprised they are coming out with a 3rd. The Penguins of Madagascar is an amazing cartoon! :)

As for Hardy Men, I say keep Ben Stiller busy with other things!!! Maybe he will have to back out of Hardy Men. Oh what a shame that would be...  ::)
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

Jokerette

Quote from: hardygirl847 on June 22, 2010, 11:19:56 PM
As for Hardy Men, I say keep Ben Stiller busy with other things!!! Maybe he will have to back out of Hardy Men. Oh what a shame that would be...  ::)

yeah... a real shame  ;)

HardyFan11

Quote from: hardygirl847 on March 31, 2010, 01:57:29 PM
Nice find MacGyver!

But I do not agree with this article! Well...I do think it was a good idea to make them less racist and crude (gasp! at the thought of them staying that way!). Other than that though...NO.

"Why It Needs a Reboot: The Hardy Boys need to grow up. Get them interested in girls and piss them off a bit, and it could get interesting. They should still be young to stay true to their characters, but make them flawed and full of angst. That would speak to a new generation of kids frustrated with the status quo."

What?! If this is how they would reboot it, I don't want any part of it!! The sad thing is if they do make a movie...no matter how opposed to it I will be....I will probably end up seeing it somehow just out of sheer curiosity. Grr.

And I don't think Shia and Tobey would make a good brother combination. Transformers plus Spiderman? Nah...I don't see it. They are good actors but I don't think it would work.

Why can they never get this right???! And if they continue to fail at it, I hope they just leave the Hardys ALONE.

I agree with your statements. And I definitely don't like that article. Not all kids like that kind of stuff, some like the Hardys the way they are now!!!
Currently reading: I have no clue. I know it's a Casefile, but I think I finished it. (Basically, I'm trying to read to many Casefiles at the same time)

SDLagent

Quote from: HardyFan11 on October 05, 2010, 05:57:58 PM
I agree with your statements. And I definitely don't like that article. Not all kids like that kind of stuff, some like the Hardys the way they are now!!!

And a lot of kids like the Casefiles which is close to what the article describes.

Q

I didn't really see any flaws in Frank and Joe's characters in the Casefiles.

MacGyver

I would be fine with The Hardy Boys staying in the Casefiles continuity for a movie. I don't have any real issues with their characters here either. (I note that they don't use curse words in this series, unlike the UnderCover Brothers, for one. There are maybe one or two times when one of the books notes that either Frank or Joe swore- but it never has any words actually written out.) I think I would be fine with the Casefiles- certainly over the UB portrayals- but not just for that reason. The whole  model of ATAC and so forth gets kinda tiresome after awhile- though I'm sure it goes over really well with most kids today because what young boy doesn't want to be part of a super cool secret agency that fights for the cause of the innocent, the helpless, the powerless- in a world of criminals who operate above the law.... because, rest assured- one man can make a difference. (especially if he has a talking 1982 black Trans Am 8))
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

SDLagent

Quote from: Q on October 06, 2010, 06:22:08 AM
I didn't really see any flaws in Frank and Joe's characters in the Casefiles.

Good point but I was thinking more of the "interested in girls and piss them off a bit" part.

hardygirl847

What I don't get is why the powers that be DON'T try to do what the fans would love to see. They really could have "the next big thing" if they put their brains together and made a great show or movie. Instead...they BARELY release the books. New books can't even be found by me. So everything has to be bought online. If I was a 12 yr old, I wouldn't be able to walk into the book store and pick up the newest HB. That's horrible to me.

Then you have the possibilities of creating a kick ass cartoon or even better, a live action half hour or hour tv show. Mix some Casefiles with maybe a little of the old and new...and BAM...you have one AWESOME script. Okay, the actors would be a very important thing too...but still, the makings of a multi-million or so franchise is right there.

It would rejuvenate the Hardys for a whole new generation! How awesome would that be?? I am SO hoping that this happens with the new tv show that's being proposed.

However, if like the Hardy Men, the powers that be decide to DESTROY all that is good and Hardy....then I don't want any of it. Keep it real or don't do it.

MacGyver

QuoteHowever, if like the Hardy Men, the powers that be decide to DESTROY all that is good and Hardy....then I don't want any of it. Keep it real or don't do it.
It's a sad sign that I've seen way too much of the Disney Channel when this line brings to mind a line from a song by the Jonas Brothers- "Who's to say we won't be keeping it real?" (LOL- I can hear the tune and everything. Ha ha- that's funny and sad at the same time. Ah well- I don't care. I don't really listen to them, but I hear them when they show a music video on Disney from time to time. Of course, I just tend to get lots of random stuff like that stuck in my head that pops out whenever...) ;D
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

SDLagent

Quote from: hardygirl847 on October 06, 2010, 06:33:04 PM
What I don't get is why the powers that be DON'T try to do what the fans would love to see. They really could have "the next big thing" if they put their brains together and made a great show or movie. Instead...they BARELY release the books. New books can't even be found by me. So everything has to be bought online. If I was a 12 yr old, I wouldn't be able to walk into the book store and pick up the newest HB. That's horrible to me.

Then you have the possibilities of creating a kick ass cartoon or even better, a live action half hour or hour tv show. Mix some Casefiles with maybe a little of the old and new...and BAM...you have one AWESOME script. Okay, the actors would be a very important thing too...but still, the makings of a multi-million or so franchise is right there.

It would rejuvenate the Hardys for a whole new generation! How awesome would that be?? I am SO hoping that this happens with the new tv show that's being proposed.

However, if like the Hardy Men, the powers that be decide to DESTROY all that is good and Hardy....then I don't want any of it. Keep it real or don't do it.

Yeah, hopefully the new TV series renews interest in The Hardy Boys franchise.