Hardy Men

Started by FrankJoeATAC, August 24, 2008, 05:23:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think the Hardy Men will be a good movie?

Yes
3 (9.4%)
No
17 (53.1%)
Not Sure
12 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Kerin

Quote from: JoeHardyRocks on August 24, 2008, 10:10:18 PM
#81 The only people who will WANT to see this movie have no sense of humor. >:(

Everyone has a sense of humor.They just obviously have a very poor one.
If Christ had been a philosopher, they could have debated Him.Had He been a religionist, they could have ignored Him.But Christ was love.What do you do with that?

FrankJoeATAC

#80 People who do see this movie will think the Hardy Boys are stupid even if they didn't read the books.

JoeHardyRocks

Yeah, FJATAC, That's butchering their good name!

#79 The only people who will see this movie are probably the producers and the actors ::) >:(

If anyone votes 'Yes' in this poll, I will be TOTALLY SHOCKED!!! :o
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

JoeHardyRocks

#78 It will just make fun of the two people a whole forum was built around. :'( >:(
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

NZone

it could be funny, you never know  ::)
Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.

NZone

There can be funny parodies, like the Hardon Boys, but there can also be unfunny parodies like the Hardly Boys on South Park. It all depends on which one they are trying to do.
Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.

003Robin457

#77. A movie sitting in WalMarts $5.50 box wont do the HBs any good.

The future of the HBs could be cool but they are doing it all Wrong! If I could make this movie it would be the HBs would be still fighting crime together and would come across some clue to some way they could stop the Assassins and would try to take them down for good! In the process they would discover that Iola is still alive possably working for the Assassins undercover. They would take down the Assassins and Joe would get Iola back.
(Yeah I like happy endings. ;D )

Olivia

Quote from: Negative Zone on August 25, 2008, 05:31:02 PM
it could be funny, you never know  ::)

It won't be for the reasons listed, especially since it's taking something that people care about. You could make the funniest movie in the world, but if it's at the expense of something you like, it wouldn't matter (to me and some here on the board, anyways).

Like I said, they could probably come up with a better idea or make fun of something else - not only because some of us want them to lay off the Hardys, but because it would probably work a lot better overall. I'm sure they can come up with another idea or change the premise or something.

It wouldn't be Frank and Joe at all. It would just be caricatures.

Sorry for that rant. You can like or be open to the movie all you want, I'm not trying to push anything on you...:-\

Quote from: Negative Zone on August 25, 2008, 05:37:15 PM
There can be funny parodies, like the Hardon Boys, but there can also be unfunny parodies like the Hardly Boys on South Park. It all depends on which one they are trying to do.

Okay, I see what you mean. But wouldn't it be better to have a Saturday Night Live sketch or something and then put the movie resources to making an actual cool, action flick? Kind of what we were saying earlier in this thread and what Robin is getting at.

NZone

who says its going to be all parody, I'm sure there will be some parody, some action, and some good Hardy stuff, maybe like the Get Smart movie.

003Robin457

I liked the Get Smart Movie! Say, does Get Smart have its own disscusion?

Olivia

Quote from: Negative Zone on August 25, 2008, 05:46:29 PM
who says its going to be all parody, I'm sure there will be some parody, some action, and some good Hardy stuff, maybe like the Get Smart movie.

Mmmm true. But I don't think it fits with the Hardys or I don't want it to anyways. Well, I know a parody is not meant to be serious but whatever...

I can picture how they would make fun of Joe, sort of...but how will they do Frank? Emphasize his "geekiness" or make it like an Abbott/Costello where one is serious and the other isn't?

The impression I got, though, is that it will be mostly a parody.

As for Get Smart, well, the point of the show and the movie is to make fun of the guy in the agency anyways.

It seems like it's mostly the females on this board who are against this movie. Hmm.

NZone

Yeah, prob cuz guys like Stiller and Wilson, as well as Carey and Sandler

Olivia

#76 Because a comedy sketch would be more appropriate while a movie that more people can enjoy can and should be distributed.

Yes, I recycle.

Olivia

Someone voted "yes"? I pity the fool.

Good riddens to bad rubbish.

tomswift2002

Quote from: oliviatocali on August 25, 2008, 08:50:37 PM
Someone voted "yes"? I pity the fool.

Who are you calling a fool?
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca