The Artwork of Brian Kotzky

Started by kosmicdust, April 13, 2015, 11:33:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kosmicdust

To celebrate the superlative work of Brian Kotzky ? whom I consider to be one of the best Hardy Boys cover artists of recent decades ? I'm uploading some ultra-high resolution scans of a variety of his contributions to the Casefiles series.

For starters, here's WRONG SIDE OF THE LAW:

http://postimg.org/image/ft1hlj2y3/

kosmicdust

Click on the cover for the scan at its original size.  ;)

MacGyver

Awesome! Brian Kotzky is one of my favorite Hardy Boys artists too and these great covers show why.  :) 8) If you're taking requests, I'd love to see Brother Against Brother on here- still one of my favorite books in the Casefiles and one of my favorite covers too. :) 8)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

kosmicdust

Here you go: #11 BROTHER AGAINST BROTHER

http://postimg.org/image/4i8x489h5/

Unfortunately, I only have the vanishingly rare Armada edition, but it still looks pretty decent!

tomswift2002

It's amazing how, even after all these years, the Kotzky covers manage to portray the boys as young adults, and if one of the brother magically happened to leap off a cover and I met them in the street, I would have no problem treating them as adults.  A few of the newer Adventure covers I've had difficulty seeing the boys as adults, since they look so much like a 12 or 13 year old---and yet they are able to drive a car!  I realize that in Alberta you are able to get your license when you are 14, but in most other places you have to wait till you are 16.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

Thanks so much! It's a beautiful cover! :) 8)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Da Gray Man

Quote from: kosmicdust on April 23, 2015, 10:53:32 AM
Here you go: #11 BROTHER AGAINST BROTHER

http://postimg.org/image/4i8x489h5/

Unfortunately, I only have the vanishingly rare Armada edition, but it still looks pretty decent!

I am not condoning drug use but this was the first book I had ever read while high on Amphetamines. I was so focused on that book that every word to me was as if it was really happening.

I mean Frank trying to convince Fenton to let him go look for Joe. Fenton yelling at Frank when he wasn't back after the 24 hours!'Joe getting smashed in the face, rolling down the river and having visions of Iola! Frank going through the woods getting clues about the where Joe was at the cabin. The hostage aiming the gun at Joe and Joe, in his weak state, disarming him. Frank stealing the pickup and the cop chasing him while Frank desperately tries to push the slow truck to it's limit. Frank stealing the tow truck. Frank blowing up the sheriff station or the cop car (Can't remember which.)

I have never been so into a book and I only read it on my iPhone as an e book file I found online and the cover was tiny.

However seeing this cover where Joe is fighting Frank, thinking Frank is the hitman while the jeep is on the side of the road is incredible!

PLus the calrity and the rare cover version is icing on the cake. I love you man for uploading this!!!