Season 3 -Get Excited

Started by hardygirl847, January 11, 2011, 04:12:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hardygirl847

Okay HB fans, I have some EXCITING news! Someone from a different group (who will remain nameless for now) uploaded the WHOLE season onto a website. You will need to download a FREE VLC player to view the episodes though. They look like they are from TV...Disney logo included.

Are you excited yet??? :)

Please use discretion when telling others as he doesn't want to get into trouble, obviously. He gave me the okay but with caution. I am going to post this here and on HDA...but that's it.

Mac and I believe that Universal's hold up could be from the huge appearance of Bread in one of the episodes. I will say no more at this point in case it becomes a spoiler.

You can use the following link to see the site. I will also post where you can download the free software to play it. I'm sure there's a way to get it onto a DVD but I haven't figured that out yet. :)

Find season 3 here http://rabbithorserunning.com/secretfile/

Download free player at http://www.videolan .org/vlc/

Enjoy!
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

Olivia

Yes! I saw the title and thought, "Could it be?!"

Thanks so much! And thank the guy for all of us :D

I'm downloading before something happens lol.

tomswift2002

Quote from: hardygirl847 on January 11, 2011, 04:12:29 PM
I will also post where you can download the free software to play it. I'm sure there's a way to get it onto a DVD but I haven't figured that out yet. :)

Thanks for the link, even though as we all know, aside from Search For Atlantis, none have been legally released to home video.  But those videos are working in iTunes, so if you have an iPod or iPad and a composite or component connector, you should be able to watch them on a TV.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

AlwaysAJoefan

This is one of the times when I hate dial-up.  :-\
Want to cure this country? Try 2 Chronicles 7:14...

SDLagent

Thanks a lot!

You should also be able to watch these on iTunes, QuickTime, RealPlayer, and Windows Media Player on Windows 7.

hardygirl847

Oh really?? Well I tried to do it with itunes but it didn't do it...it was static or something. I just downloaded the free player to make sure it worked.

And yes I know it's not exactly legal but I think we're all a little tired of waiting.....

But you are welcome. I will pass on the thanks for the person responsible for our happiness. lol

AlwaysaJoeFan, you have dial up? I didn't know that still existed.... lol :) Sorry....
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

tomswift2002

With getting them to play in iTunes, all that you have to do is go where you have the file, right click and tell it to PLAY or tell your computer to open it with iTunes, and then once it's open in iTunes, iTunes copies the files to its folder and adds them to your library.  After that, in order to put them on an iPod (you can only do this with one that plays videos) or iPad you need to get iTunes to convert them to the proper H.264 codec for iTunes.  In iTunes 10 (I'm doing this in Windows) its pretty easy, since what you just need to do is highlight the movie, go up to the ADVANCE tab, pull it down and scroll down to either "Create iPod or iPhone Version" or "Create iPad or Apple TV version".  It takes iTunes a little bit of time to convert the files, and you might want to do it one file at a time, or else your computer really slows down.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

AlwaysAJoefan

Quote from: hardygirl847 on January 11, 2011, 11:11:58 PM
AlwaysaJoeFan, you have dial up? I didn't know that still existed.... lol :) Sorry....

It does. It's just a matter of waiting for my dad to get fed up with not being able to see the news and going high-speed.  ::)
Want to cure this country? Try 2 Chronicles 7:14...

hardygirl847

AlwaysaJoefan, my hubby works on the computer so we couldn't have dial up. It would hurt business. I hope your dad changes his mind before too long. :)

Now that we CAN watch all of the episodes (YAY!)...do we want to discuss them separately? I'd like to discuss a few myself.

tomswift2002

Quote from: AlwaysAJoefan on January 12, 2011, 12:30:58 PM
It does. It's just a matter of waiting for my dad to get fed up with not being able to see the news and going high-speed.  ::)

I know a few people around my area who still have dial-up, but that's because they're out in the country where the lines are only now being upgraded to high-speed.

MacGyver

This seemed like a fitting thread to post this. I have recently found out about a few other TV productions from The Hardy Boys that have yet to make it to DVD (and honestly, most seem rather unlikely to do so at any point.)
I had seen a post on one of the IMDB.com forums and I've got some confirmation on this now.
If anyone's interested, I've found DVD copies of The Hardy Boys: The Mystery of the Chinese Junk (the 1967 pilot that never took off), The Hardy Boys: The Mystery of Ghost Farm (The other Hardy Boys serial from The Mickey Mouse Club) and even The Tom Swift and Linda Craig Mystery Hour (1983 pilot that never took off). You can get all of these through this website- http://www.adm-video.com/
Of course, I find the prices are kinda hefty, but I guess these are all pretty rare to come by. I do wish Disney would release the other Hardy Boys serial on DVD and they may still possibly do so at some time. But for these 2 pilots, I don't know who would even own the rights for those- I think ABC aired the Tom Swift/Linda Craig pilot, so I guess that would be Disney as well. But I'm thinking the Chinese Junk pilot aired on NBC, so that would probably make it Universal's copyright. And if that were the case, it would be a great extra for them to release on a 3rd. Season DVD of The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries :)
     Anyway- I just thought I'd let you all know.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Hardy Boys UB Fan

What if I get in trouble? I'd like to watch these, but are they legal? I'm just wondering . . . :-\ I hope I didn't start a war! :o
*Gets down (and has EMT-Paramedics on stand-by) in case of gunfire*

MacGyver

Strictly speaking, no- they're not exactly legal. But there seems to be no exactly legal way of seeing these things either.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: MacGyver on February 10, 2011, 04:48:34 PM
Strictly speaking, no- they're not exactly legal. But there seems to be no exactly legal way of seeing these things either.

Can I ask who put them up or if you told me, would you have to kill me?* :-\

*I'M JUST KIDDING!
(Sorry, don't mean to yell) ;D

MacGyver

I'm not sure exactly- it's a dude who is offering them on DVD for about $35 apiece. You can contact him through the website I posted earlier. I'm not necessarily endorsing this- I just wanted to put the info out there for anyone who might be interested.