Hardy Boys Adventures #9 The Curse of the Ancient Emerald

Started by MacGyver, September 29, 2014, 02:40:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

According to the Hardy and Drew Mysteries blog, we can expect to see this title out in June 2015. :) 8)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

MacGyver

To be precise, June 9, 2015 is the set release date, according to this listing I found on Amazon.com
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Hardy Sleuth

Joe Hardy said "Iola is alive, I can feel it. I couldn't feel this strongly about someone who was dead."

"Then I won't tell you to give up hope," Frank said softly. 8)

MacGyver

Oh, yeah- the title sounds great and I'm hoping the cover art will match. :) 8)

Hardy Sleuth

Quote from: MacGyver on October 13, 2014, 01:18:25 PM
Oh, yeah- the title sounds great and I'm hoping the cover art will match. :) 8)

That'd be awesome. 8)
Joe Hardy said "Iola is alive, I can feel it. I couldn't feel this strongly about someone who was dead."

"Then I won't tell you to give up hope," Frank said softly. 8)

MacGyver

The description of the book is up on Amazon.com

Frank and Joe must take the shine off a jewel thief who sends ominous riddles in this Hardy Boys adventure.

First a priceless painting disappears from the museum; then two ancient samurai swords vanish from a private collection. A string of robberies has hit Bayport, and all signs point to ?the Phantom,? a recently released ex-con who last struck more than twenty years ago. There?s only one problem: the Phantom has vanished into thin air, and not even Frank and Joe Hardy can track him down.

Then the boys begin receiving threatening notes in the mail, each one containing a strange riddle. And it looks like the Phantom?s next target could be the valuable Emerald of Astara, the 2,500-year-old crown jewel of the Bayport Historical Museum. Can the Hardys crack the Phantom?s code before he strikes again?

Sounds pretty cool! :) 8)

MacGyver

This Wikipedia list of Hardy Boys titles mentions #10 in the series as being scheduled for October 2015 and titled Tunnel of Secrets. I'm not sure where this information was gleaned (so I'm not totally trusting it yet), but I thought I'd mention it here anyway.

Lungbarrow

--
-PjH.
--

VLoneWolf

MacGyver

Glad to finally see the cover art. It looks pretty cool. :) 8)

MacGyver

Awesome! Thanks so much for posting this, kosmicdust (as always). :) 8)

tomswift2002

I just finished this book the other day.  For the first 13 chapters it was the best book of the series so far (I would have to give that section a 7.0 out of 10), but then the last 2 chapters were a real let down as it turned out that the author went back to an old formula that was a major problem in the Undercover Brothers, but its a problem that, before 2005 was hit and miss since 1981's The Stone Idol.  I would give the ending of Emerald a 0.5 out of 10.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca