Hardy Boys BREAK UP

Started by hardygirl847, March 09, 2011, 11:43:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlwaysAJoefan

Quote from: hardygirl847 on March 18, 2011, 11:43:50 AM
AlwaysaJoeFan,

I guess the question is...how much do you like the Hardys? lol It's a GREAT book to have but you will need to buy Nancy's next one in August to complete the story.

Oh, ya have to?  :-\ I guess I probably would, just for the Hardy's though. ;)

QuoteKeep in mind, also, that this book has a theme we really haven't seen before....the boys fighting more than ever.

Fighting how?

QuoteSo yeah I definitely think it's worth having. But then again, I am biased lol and collect as many as I can. :)

I try to, but finances can be against me.  ::)

QuoteI got the hardcover and it's awesome! I love the quality.

I love hardcover books. I don't really like it when they have the jacket around them, though. Like Nancy Werlin's book Locked Inside, the books with the shiny hardcovers are more my thing.  :)
Want to cure this country? Try 2 Chronicles 7:14...

hardygirl847

I've been on this forum for I don't even know how long and can't figure out how to do that with the quotes...so I'm just going to try and respond to those questions. :)

1. Yes, Together with the Hardys (ND 3rd book) comes out in August and will continue the story. Both Crawling with Zombies and Break Up hint at a trip to River Heights. So, they are leading up to that for sure.

2. They are fighting mostly by disagreeing. No real hand to hand combat or anything else. They are basically getting under each other's skins and annoying the crud out of each other. I don't want to say too much. :)

3. Money is hard...I totally know. Save for the ones that you want the most. Or buy them after they come out online from an outside seller. It might be cheaper.

4. This is a hardcover just like you described. No dust jacket or anything...just very smooth and shiny. :) It's really awesome actually. I have CWZ in paperback and Break Up in hardcover. Not sure which one I will get for the crossover though.
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

MacGyver

2. There is at least some physical combat to a degree- but no, they don't punch each other's lights out or anything.

3. Don't forget to check your local library! And if they don't have it, tell them to order them! And of course, there's always the option of skulking around the comic book store or local Barnes and Noble/Books-A-Million (seems I've seen the Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew graphic novels at both with this New Casefiles series now) and just read it at the store without buying it. ;D
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

hardygirl847

2. Don't tell her too much. :)

3. Great idea. :)
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

MacGyver

2. Okay- then I'll just leave out the part about them battling to the death in a caged arena using mixed martial arts with John Kreese egging them on. ;)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

hardygirl847

2. And even Chuck Norris is scared. LOL

Who's John Kreese? lol

MacGyver

John Kreese is the main bad guy from the classic 1984 movie The Karate Kid 8)

hardygirl847

Oh duh to me! I just watched those recently. I think I liked them more now than I did back then. How could I have forgotten him??

MacGyver

That's okay- I had to look up the dude's name too. :)

AlwaysAJoefan

Quote from: hardygirl847 on March 20, 2011, 12:32:47 AM
I've been on this forum for I don't even know how long and can't figure out how to do that with the quotes...so I'm just going to try and respond to those questions. :)

What I do is quote a post, get rid of everything except the part I referring to. Then I just press the Insert Quote symbol and do the same thing.  :)

hardygirl847

Thanks. I know how to part of that...I think. LOL Maybe I will attempt to do it next time.

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: MacGyver on March 20, 2011, 12:38:34 AM
Of course, there's always the option of skulking around the comic book store or local Barnes and Noble/Books-A-Million (seems I've seen the Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew graphic novels at both with this New Casefiles series now) and just read it at the store without buying it. ;D

Yeah. That might work! Great idea. ;D Now, just give me oh, I don't know . . .20 minutes alone in the store and I could do that. ::)

AlwaysAJoefan

Quote from: hardygirl847 on March 21, 2011, 02:47:45 PM
Thanks. I know how to part of that...I think. LOL Maybe I will attempt to do it next time.

Good luck! ;)

hardygirl847

Quote from: Hardy Boys UB Fan on March 21, 2011, 04:19:06 PM
Yeah. That might work! Great idea. ;D Now, just give me oh, I don't know . . .20 minutes alone in the store and I could do that. ::)

It's so well done and looks so cool...It would be hard not to buy it.

MacGyver

I would suggest going to Barnes & Noble for that or Books-A-Million. Neither store seems to mind too much if their customers do just that. (Mainly because they're hoping they'll buy some coffee and snacks instead. ;D)