What's the last book or item you added to your Hardy Boys collection?

Started by MacGyver, March 20, 2013, 08:18:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

That's always great when you just have random awesome finds like that at the used bookstore. That's how it was when I finally picked up that copy of Hardy Boys Favorite Classic #2 The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain- I had known about the book and been interested in finding it- and then suddenly, I just walk into one of my local used bookstores and it's just sitting there that day! :) 8)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

Especially since, I just looked on Ebay, and there's one on there right now for $119.79USD/$127.92CDN before shipping, in worst condition, and with a faded spine.  So you can get better bargains sometimes for the books.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/THE-HARDY-BOYS-MYSTERY-OF-THE-DESERT-GIANT-by-DIXON-1961-HC-DJ-VG-RARE-/301201995586?pt=Antiquarian_Collectible&hash=item462109b742&_uhb=1
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

Wow- that's crazy. Yeah, Ebay definitely has some jacked-up prices at times... but it all depends on the rarity of the book and the condition.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

VLoneWolf

Its not in my collection but my sister got our dad the first season of The Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew show for fathers day.

MacGyver

Awesome! I'm sure he'll enjoy that watching that with the family. Of all The Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew TV shows and movies, etc. - though I do love them all in their own ways- The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries is by far my all time favorite depiction. Such a great series! :) 8)

VLoneWolf

MacGyver

Hardy Sleuth

Quote from: MacGyver on June 13, 2014, 08:02:03 AM
Thanks!
For more information on the "Hardy Boys Favorite Classic" series, see this thread.

Thank you for the link, MacGyver! :)

Quote from: tomswift2002 on June 29, 2014, 07:32:57 AM
And it was one find that didn't require the internet.  I just walked into the used bookstore in town and there it was (along with 4 other 1960-61 printings of Flickering Torch, Short-Wave, Secret Of Skull Mountain & Wailing Siren that still had their DJ's) and all 5 were $8.

Wow, that's so cool! Great find and deal! 8)
Joe Hardy said "Iola is alive, I can feel it. I couldn't feel this strongly about someone who was dead."

"Then I won't tell you to give up hope," Frank said softly. 8)

MacGyver

VLoneWolf

I have been reading The Mummy Case from my sisters collection.  Also have been watching the 2 season of the Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew that my sister got. 

MacGyver

Nice! I haven't read The Mummy Case in a long while, but it's a good one. (Of course, they all are.) :) 8)
         This book is one in a range of Hardy Boys books that I particularly like because the Hardy Boys delve a lot into the supernatural and/or fantasy realm for a bit here. (Basically, #59 through #85 or so.) Though I don't believe in werewolves and zombies and such, of course- it's still fun to read books that play around with it a bit and make you think, "What it?"..... As long as they have a logical explanation at the end, which these books do, I'm okay with them. (I take issue with others though...particularly #177, which is probably one of my least favorite of The Hardy Boys books- though even that one did have some cool things.)
          And of course, as I've said on here a number of times, I LOVE the 1970s Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew show. :) 8)

VLoneWolf

We finished the second season and have started watching the third season of the Hardy Boys show. 

MacGyver

Wow- you guys are really moving through the series pretty quickly! Cool! Season 3 is great too- of course, I love all the episodes. Such a fun show. :) 8)

VLoneWolf

MacGyver

Just yesterday I ran across a great antique mall with an awesome selection of children's books- they had so many various series. I found some cool items, but my most exciting find was definitely my Hardy Boys find- some of the hardback Wanderer books with dust jackets! I very rarely seem to come across those- in fact, while I've come across Nancy Drew Wanderer hardbacks before, I think this may be the first time I've found Hardy Boys Wanderer hardbacks before, so that was way exciting. :) 8) (I should clarify that it's the first time I've seen them in person for sale; I actually had shortly before this ran across a few that my church library now owns. :o :) 8))