1st series...

Started by Sam Spade, August 03, 2008, 06:47:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What was the first Hardy Boys series you read?

Originals (Blue Spines)
5 (33.3%)
Digests
1 (6.7%)
Nancy Drew/Hardy Boys Super Sleuths
0 (0%)
Casefiles
3 (20%)
Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Supermystery '88
2 (13.3%)
Hardy Boys/Tom Swift Ultra Thiller
0 (0%)
Undercover Brothers
3 (20%)
Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Supermystery '07
1 (6.7%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Sam Spade

I'm not sure if there is already a topic for this, but, please vote anyway if you want to. :)

The first Series I ever read were the Casefiles. The first HB book I ever read was #7 Deathgame.
Check out my Youtube Channel: :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/SageDuvall

mystery chick 901

The Undercover Brothers.

FrankJoeATAC

The first one I read was Terror on Tour.

JoeHardyRocks

The first one I read was ND HB crossovers 07
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

tomswift2002

The first Hardy Boys book that I ever read was the 1959 The Tower Treasure from the flashlight Original series.  And I first got that book on Tuesday, March 15, 1994.  I didn't read my first Casefiles till March 1995 when I borrowed Cold Sweat from the Chalk River Public Library.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

NZone

The first series I read was the Blue Spines. My father had a bunch that he gave me. The first book I read was While the Clock Ticked, because I thought the cover art looked cool. I was only 4 at the time. I learned how to read on Bernstein Bears, Little Monsters, and Hardy Boys.
Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.

Olivia

A couple of the '88 ND/HB Supermystery series! Operation: Titanic and Process of Elimination.

tomswift2002

Quote from: negative_zone on August 04, 2008, 09:09:38 AM
The first series I read was the Blue Spines. My father had a bunch that he gave me. The first book I read was While the Clock Ticked, because I thought the cover art looked cool. I was only 4 at the time. I learned how to read on Bernstein Bears, Little Monsters, and Hardy Boys.
I guess you read the revised text of While The Clock Ticked first?  Or was it the original text?

And does anyone remember what their Second Hardy Boys book that they ever read was?  For me, it was The Melted Coins (1944).
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

NZone

revised What Happened at Midnight, second one was revised Tower Treasure
Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.

Sam Spade

Quote from: tomswift2002 on August 04, 2008, 04:59:35 PM
I guess you read the revised text of While The Clock Ticked first?  Or was it the original text?

And does anyone remember what their Second Hardy Boys book that they ever read was?

Dead on Target, but I didn't actually finish it. :-\ :P
Check out my Youtube Channel: :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/SageDuvall

003Robin457

I started at #1 The Tower Treasure and kept in order till after #15 somewhere, then read what ever I could find at used book shops.

JoeHardyRocks

The  second one I ever read was Terror on Tour.
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

Q

My first one was Digest Panic on Gull Island. I think my second as The Flickering Torch.

SDLagent

My first was the revised text of The Hardy Boys #2 ''The House on the Cliff''. I read about 20 more revised originals before I read any other Hardy Boys book.

When I first heard that Iola was killed in the ''Dead on Target'', I was so shocked I told myself I would never read a Casefile...but within a few months, a bit bored at a friend's house, I picked a copy of Casefiles #6 ''The Crowning Terror''. I ended up reading the first few chapters, and later burrowed the book from another friend, and have been a Casefiles fan ever since.

tomswift2002

Quote from: HardyBoysWiki on August 06, 2008, 12:39:49 PM
My first was the revised text of The Hardy Boys #2 ''The House on the Cliff''. I read about 20 more revised originals before I read any other Hardy Boys book.

When I first heard that Iola was killed in the ''Dead on Target'', I was so shocked I told myself I would never read a Casefile...but within a few months, a bit bored at a friend's house, I picked a copy of Casefiles #6 ''The Crowning Terror''. I ended up reading the first few chapters, and later burrowed the book from another friend, and have been a Casefiles fan ever since.

For me, with the Casefiles, my mom didn't want me to be reading books with the word "Dead" in the title. So, finally she allowed me to check out Cold Sweat from the Chalk River library, and that was quickly followed by the Operation Phoenix Trilogy from the Keys School Library in Deep River.