#46 Foul Play

Started by goldie3, April 25, 2017, 12:06:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

goldie3

Somehow, I didn't remember reading this, but when I re-read it, I realized I knew all the plot points lol.

Umm, if you haven't read this book, SPOILERS AHEAD

Pretty much, I loved this book. It had 2 of my favorite things, Frank being super brainy and Joe being Joe. I felt so sorry for Joe though, after he realized, Heather and Billy are together  ;D Poor Joe, he just couldn't catch a break in this. The book had just the right amount of humor, action and the boys actually applying their brains to solve a mystery, instead of just falling into clues. Loved the 2-3 twists, though I remember, even as a child reading this, I could tell the twists coming. On that note, on checking, I realized, the same author (Larry Mike Garmon) has written 3 other favorite books of mine as well, Nowhere to run, Running on empty and Flesh and blood. Him along with Rick Oliver, have written most of my favorite casefiles (at least the ones whose authors are known).

Rating: 9/10

MacGyver

It's been a while since I've read this (or any of The Hardy Boys Casefiles, for that matter), but yeah- I like Foul Play too. I probably mainly enjoy it for the sports connection, since it's a baseball book. But whatever the setting, the Hardys always have interesting mysteries to solve. :) 8)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Hardy Sleuth

The baseball aspect is cool and neat cover! 8)
Joe Hardy said "Iola is alive, I can feel it. I couldn't feel this strongly about someone who was dead."

"Then I won't tell you to give up hope," Frank said softly. 8)