ATAC

Started by D.Hardy, July 07, 2007, 04:02:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D.Hardy

Would you read ATAC as attack or A.T.A.C.? I catch my self saying attack alot. so i was just wondering.
"One Good Trip Deserves Another" -Joe Hardy(Shaun Cassidy) Witches Hollow

SkyWarp

I say it with a LONG vowel "a" and then TAC on the end.  So "attach" would not work for me as it is pronounced with a short vowel sound at the beginning. 

Olivia

Quote from: SkyWarp on July 07, 2007, 04:41:38 PM
I say it with a LONG vowel "a" and then TAC on the end.  So "attach" would not work for me as it is pronounced with a short vowel sound at the beginning. 

Yup, me too  ;)

Centrion

Same here, I wonder if anyone says A T A C?
Don't worry, I have a plan.
-Frank
Right. Every time you say that, I usually do something stupid, like jump in a septic tank.
-Joe

tomswift2002

I pronounce it as Attack, since when you listen to the first letters in each of the words (American Teens Against Crime), the A is pronounced ah-merican teens ah-gainst crime.  So, saying it is Attack, at least to me, sounds proper for ATAC.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

FrankJoeATAC

It is pronounced for sure long A, then tack

NZone

Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.

SDLagent

What about just A-T-A-C? That makes sense to me! LOL!

NZone

thats like 4 syllables, a lot of work  :(
Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.

Olivia

Okay, I really don't know how I got this idea, but I now have the impression that it's pronounced "attack". I wouldn't be saying it if I didn't think it had merit from somewhere. I'm guessing I got the idea from Danger Overseas since that's the latest book I read. I just remember reading something and thinking "oh".

So, who really knows...

mystery chick 901

I was just playing the latest Nancy Drew PC game, The Phantom of Venice, and in the game Joe says ATAC with a long "a". So, unless HerInteractive got it wrong...

Q

Ever since I first heard about ATAC I've called it A-tack not attack

Sam Spade

Quote from: Q on July 16, 2008, 12:06:09 PM

I call it A-Tack too, but for your consideration, chapter 12 of UB #9, Martial Law, is called: 'A New Plan of ATAC', which is obviously a play-on word.
Hmm...
Check out my Youtube Channel: :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/SageDuvall

Olivia

Way to keep the consistency, writers and designers ::)

Well, I myself still see it as A-tac.

JoeHardyRocks

Quote from: Q on July 16, 2008, 12:06:09 PM
I do too, In Nancy Drew Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon, Joe AND Nancy pronounce it A-TACK   (long A)
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."