operation phoenix

Started by Kerin, July 02, 2007, 11:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomswift2002

Quote from: Dinosaur Dan on December 26, 2008, 06:44:19 AM
I read the first and second book and got the first book for chistmas! Looking for the third....

How did you like Endangered Species (which I guess you now have two copies of!) & No Mercy?
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Bigfootman

Acculy I only, have 1 copy, the first time I read it was from the libary. I like No Mercy better, in fact even better then the Borderline Case.

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

tomswift2002

The funny thing with No Mercy is that it was the last book in the Operation: Phoenix trilogy to fall into the out-of-print categories.  Endangered Species & The Phoenix Equation both went out-of-print in the summer of 1998, whereas No Mercy was still in print till about 2004.

Weird, huh?
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

Bigfootman

Most Recent Post:

SDLagent

It wouldn't be that strange if it was just a few months difference, or even a year...but six years? Wow.

tomswift2002

Of course I find that in most trilogies the middle book of trilogy is always the book that sells the worst.  Since I guess most people just want to read the beginning of the story and the end of the story, and yet they don't want to read the "meat & potatoes" of the story!  I've got a copy of the Judith and Garfield Reeves-Stevens trilogy Millenium from the Star Trek: Deep Space Nine line of books, and I got all three books at the same time, and yet books 1 & 3 are second printings, whereas the 2nd volume in the trilogy is a first printing.  And, in case some are wondering if I bought that trilogy off a bookstore shelf, the answer is no, since I had to order in all three books, so from the warehouse of the bookstore I got all three books, and the warehouse obviously had at the time second printings of books 1 & 3, while the warehouse only had first printings of the 2nd book. 

I still think its odd how people want to read only the "end" book of a trilogy.

Bigfootman

Read the third book and was not impresed.

Most Recent Post:

tomswift2002

SDLagent

You didn't like Operation Phoenix?

Bigfootman

Quote from: SDLagent on February 10, 2009, 07:21:03 PM
You didn't like Operation Phoenix?

No, look at my top 30 Hardy Boys casefiles, and you will find it. I just didn't think it was as good as the others.

Quote from: tomswift2002 on February 10, 2009, 05:55:28 PM
How so?

It seemed like they were just running around randomly, and the fights warn't as good as no mercy.

Most Recent Post:

hexton

Still haven't read Phoenix Equation. No Mercy was my second Casefile, and probably is still my favorite. Endangered Species was an entertaining read. Does Phoenix Equation hold up to these two well?

kosmicdust

Here's my scan of the UK edition of The Phoenix Equation, which is a little larger than the US paperback, and as a result, shows an extra smidgeon of Brian Kotzky's fantastic artwork:

And a bonus scan of Mayhem in Motion:

MacGyver

Cool! Thanks for the scans. :) 8)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

MacGyver

One thing I always wondered about Mayhem in Motion- how'd they get the rights to depict My Pet Monster on the cover? :) 8)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"