September 2012 Book Club Discussion: Operation:Phoenix#1: Endangered Species

Started by Hardy Boys UB Fan, September 01, 2012, 05:47:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy Boys UB Fan

MacGyver

Endangered Species was an exciting event when it was first released. This was the first time in The Hardy Boys Casefiles that there had been an official trilogy of stories. Any event like that always amps up everything- the action level, the suspense, the mystery, the stakes and the hype. Thankfully, this series of books lived up to the hype as far as I'm concerned. :) 8)
       The Hardy Boys take a trip to Africa and get embroiled in an international operation that goes a lot farther than they may have suspected at first. And a major character in the series goes missing in action and even may be dead. That was certainly hard-hitting when I read it the first time.
     The entire Operation: Phoenix trilogy is great and this book was a great kick-off to the whole trilogy- and wow! What a cliffhanger!
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

Don't forget that Operation Phoenix was the first official trilogy ever in the Hardy Boys series as a whole.

But in chapter one you can tell just how much has changed in 20 years, since the boys meeting takes place in the World Trade Center.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

QuoteDon't forget that Operation Phoenix was the first official trilogy ever in the Hardy Boys series as a whole.
Yep- that's true too.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Hardy Boys UB Fan

MacGyver

Thanks for the reminder- I forgot I was scheduled to do this month's book. I'll try to get a thread up soon.